[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - MULTISET ROUTINE

MULTISET ROUTINE

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

MULTISET ROUTINE

Postby MATTO » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:48 pm

Today, I tried to take multiple angles to a foresight using the multiset routine. I shot my backsight, then my foresight (direct), then I shot my foresight reverse, finishing with a shot to my backsight reverse. This is a familiar routine I have used in TDS. FG2004 did not take the difference in the two reverse angles and then average that and the first direct angle.
Instead, it simply averaged the direct reading with the reverse reading-180, without taking into account the reversed backsight direction. Can you please tell me the proper procedure to get the correct final angle when in multiset? Thank you.
MATTO

Check the movie

Postby Darcy Detlor » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:29 am

There is no better way to learn than to watch the pro in a movie:

Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
darcy.detlor@microsurvey.com
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

MULTISET ROUTINE

Postby MATTO » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:38 pm

NICE VIDEO, HOWEVER, IT DIDN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION.
ACCORDING TO MY EXPERIENCE AND THE VIDEO, FG2004 WILL NOT APPLY THE F2 BACKSIGHT READING TO THE F2 FS READING.
FOR EXAMPLE: I SHOOT A BACKSIGHT AT 0 ON F1. THEN I SHOOT A FORESIGHT AT 90-00-00. THEN I PLUNGE, AND SHOOT THE FORESIGHT AGAIN, AND THE READING IS 270-00-05. THEN I TURN BACK TO MY BACKSIGHT, WHICH NOW READS 180-00-05. THE CORRECT AVERERAGE SHOULD BE 90-00-00. HOWEVER, FG 2004 IGNORES MY SECOND BACKSIGHT, AND AVERAGES THE ANGLE TO BE 90-00-02.5. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO TO RECORD THE CORRECT AVERAGE HORIZONTAL ANGLE.
MATTO

Return to FieldGenius