step by step

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

step by step

Postby chris » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:33 pm

is there anywhere in the tutorial that I can find the order of operations for bringing in points to creat a surface, then contour, ect. After watching all the videos, there seems to be a certain order you must take to get everything to work out correctly. I am just looking for a simple list
Thanks
Chris
chris

Postby rwhatman » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:13 pm

The Contouring Movies where done in the order you need to get Contours on a plan. The movies did make contouring look hard to do, only because we have so many choices to pick from.

The Movies are excellent and well done. You should watch them more then once to get a feel of your needs.

In about 6 pick I have Contours.

1. READ CONFIGURATION - This is the first thing I do when I start. I have all my settings saved in this file.

2. EXTRACT TO SURFACE - Points First, Breaklines Second.

3. RESET COLOUR - Contours

4. Display Contours - Draw Contours

5. Lable Contours

6. Smooth Contours.

7. Done

Now view the movies again and good luck making contours.
rwhatman

contours

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:03 pm

Don't forget a Boundary, if the job needs one. This limits the area that will have contours drawn in it. A simple closed polyline following the perimeter of the area where you want contours, then set it as a Boundary.

Then your contours trim at the boundary edge to help keep it clean - when required.

As Richard said, the movies go through more than you need in some jobs just due to the fact you do have many options. The Tutorial in the Getting Started manual follows the similar steps as the movies.

Try it on a simple site first, then progress along from there.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:46 pm

Thanks Alot guys...I appreciate the help

Return to MicroSurvey CAD