line from pnt to pnt

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

line from pnt to pnt

Postby chris » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:36 pm

kind of a basic question I can not get to work on the MSCAD2004 demo
we currently use AutoDesk field survey. I import a coord file into a new drawing and can draw a line from point to point within the general line command

I imported the same coord file into a new MSCAD job, it draws the points on the screen, but when I type line----From Point:----1
I get Point or option required!
It doesnt seem to be recognizing there are points available to draw from.
So is there something special I am missing when I import the coord file?

Thanks
Chris
chris

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:42 pm

Also, is there a command to extend a line a certain distance or continue a line at a angle from a existing line? Similar to extender on autodesk field survey? for example I can pic the end of a line and type R20 and it will draw a 20 unit line at 90 degrees to the right of the end of the line.
Thanks again
chris

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:02 am

MSCAD2004 has a command called - Lines by Inversing (Dot to Dot). It is found under the MsTools menu -> Lines. It has the ability to pick the points on screen, manually type in each point or enter in a range to automatically join.

The normal Line command is the same as the AutoCAD Line command and does not know what a point number is. It uses the CAD method of entry only.

With no command active - take your crosshair and pick on a line or arc - you will get the CADLines or CADCurves dialog pop up with information about the entiity you picked. ALSO on the same dialogs are buttons that allow you to enter in data in several different formats. Try them out. You can simply have lines drawn or point calculated, as you work.

I hope this answers your questions.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD