mscad2001

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

mscad2001

Postby djmercer1 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:54 pm

when i download the points from my set5w not all the points are plotted. they show up in the log file and in the instruments memory but no points recorded since 3 weeks ago (~4 days of use) will plot. :?

i have tried various 'tests' in my basement re:recording data but am unable to figure out the trick to get the recent data to plot. :x

thanks
dave
djmercer1

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:35 pm

Please feel free to email me everything in relation to this job, along with the details as to what points I am looking for, and I would be happy to look at it for you to see what is wrong.

[email protected]

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby djmercer1 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:55 am

it appears as if my trouble was related to the numbering system i was using for my points trying to separate the days of work and operators from one another.

can someone direct me to the information on how mscad interprets downloaded data? did some dsearching but am unable to locate the information needed to code my own data file from notepad.

thanks
djmercer1

SDR33

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:17 am

I got your files and I have confirmed that the problem is with the numbering system you have used. This error came up on the points that were missing.
Error: point number > 999,995 or number contains letters

We do not permit point numbers larger than 999,995 and the ones you had were in fact well over this value.

We do not have anything explaining what each field is for each data collector as we use the same formats as the manufacturers with the exception that we can't use point numbers larger than 999,995 or with letters in the value.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD