AutoMAP Symbols disappearing?

Discussion of MicroSurvey inCAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

AutoMAP Symbols disappearing?

Postby Marko » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:33 am

I'm finding that my AutoMAP symbols sometimes disappear from my drawings despite there being no change in the point Description. The only way I can get the symbols back is to alter the point description, then change it back to the desired description. (or rescale complete drawing which is not convenient)

It happens somewhat randomly. There has to be some situation where a point gets rewritten/updated to the DB in some special scenario that is missing the "check autoMAP for instructions" step, so the symbol does not get replaced. I do know that this has nothing to do with directly changing the Description of a point, as I have never seen it fail in that case.

I've discussed this with Jason Poitras but he has not had any other reports of this problem. Are there any others out there seeing this happening? I'm running inCAD inside AutoCAD R2002.

Thank you
Marko

AutoMAP Symbols

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:00 am

Are you running the Audit routine at all? We have seen this happen when the Audit routine is run.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Marko » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:34 am

Hi Glen,

Yes, I use the audit function regularly as it was your recommendation way back when I was with Len. With the changes over the last couple of versions, does this no longer hold true?

Thanks

Mark
Marko

Audit

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:33 pm

It really depends upon how you work as to if the Audit is a requirement.

To be honest - any time I do work here I do not use Audit. But I do know some people that if they don't use Audit, things get all messed up.

Audit, right now, has a minor problem with the symbols so using Audit may cause more work than it saves in some cases. It has to do with the new Coordinate History that the program has - it is somehow intertwined in the Audit and is not maintaining the correct symbols, in some cases.

Richard was the one who found the issue and reported it a while back. I did not know if it had been solved or not, but obviously it has not based upon your reports.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:24 pm

Thanks Glen. Maybe we'll see a fix when we get an SP3 for inCAD.

cheers

Mark
Mark

Postby Teresa » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:31 pm

Mark,

I have seen the same thing happen with automap symbols for years with InCAD. Unfortunately, I am so used to it, that I don't question it anymore. If you rescale the entire drawing at same scale, you can usually get all the symbols regenerated.
Teresa
Teresa

Postby Marko » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:24 pm

Teresa

I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices these things! This sort of thing causes new users fits as they think it's something that they did. As it's a known issue with my former co-workers, so lets hope we get a fix in the next service pack.

Mark
Marko

Return to MicroSurvey inCAD