FG Desktop Emulator

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

FG Desktop Emulator

Postby Bill Tellier » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:21 pm

The desktop version of FG2005 does not have any menu/controls for lines or arcs. Also the menu for selecting an instrument type does not work. The other two programs for the Tracker and Ipaq work fine and have all of the menus/controls. Can this be fixed?

Thanks,
Bill Tellier
Bill Tellier

Emulator

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:09 pm

The Full Screen Desktop option for the Emulator was designed not to work with total stations because it has no limit on the number of points it can use. The Tracker or iPAQ options allow total station communications but are limited to 10 coordinates by design, unless a password is issued to a purchased copy.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby JTELDER » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:44 pm

You're breakin my heart here. Y'all were kind enough to give me a registered copy of the desktop emulator to complement the iPAQ version. When I was first setting up the desktop full version, it asked me for a choice of instruments, and since I didn't have one hooked up at the time, I chose manual entry. I am running the program on an HP Tablet, and got excited about the possibility of using it sometimes instead of the trusty ol iPAQ. When I hooked up the transit, I found I didn't have the ability to change the instrument settings. I thought something was wrong, and after much head scratching & searching, I uninstalled the program, killed all the folders and re-installed. It still wouldn't let me choose an instrument. I came here hoping to find I was doing something wrong. (everything worked fine in both simulators, but not the full screen) Now I find out that the program is set up that way? I only have 3 words for you- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE? Other than that, I can't wait to put the new roading features thru some paces!
JTELDER

Postby Darcy Detlor » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:14 pm

Hello,

I am sure you understand that the Emulator/Demo version that we post cannot be distributed with full instrument support, no point limits and the ability to run on a Laptop or tablet?

People would be running free FieldGenius on tablets hooked to GPS and total stations.

Providing you with a code to turn yours on should be no problem. Just contact our office and point them to this thread. Let them know that it has my Ok.
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
[email protected]
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Return to FieldGenius