Tracker frozen at startup screen

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Tracker frozen at startup screen

Postby lk2064 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:24 pm

I need help with my tracker, i pulled the battery out, then put it back in and started up the tracker and its frozen at the desktop screen with an hour glass in the middle. i tried a hard boot and still get the same results

Tracker Reset - clearing the hour glass.

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:18 pm

You should not normally need to remove the battery.

To correct the problem follow these steps:
1) With the power already on - hold the on/off button down for 10 seconds. The unit will automatically turn off during the 10 seconds, continue holding the button down for the entire 10 seconds then release the button.
2) After about 5 seconds, turn the power back on again. As soon as your finger comes off the on/off button, immediately press and hold the "a" and the "i" buttons, at the same time. After a second or so, release all buttons.

The unit should go through a hard reset and a registry reset. You should also be asked to pick on the screen with the stylus to complete the reset.

Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby lk2064 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:29 pm

thanx, but i got it figured out, the battery must have been getting low and didn't have enough juice to fully power up, because after a few hard boots and getting the same result (frozen on startup screen), i plugged in the charger and tried another hard boot and it started instantly, anyway thanx for the suggestions.

Return to FieldGenius