[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - FG Recon - prism constant for reflectorless

FG Recon - prism constant for reflectorless

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

FG Recon - prism constant for reflectorless

Postby K Smith » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:01 pm

We are not able to set a prism constant in the settings area for the Recon. When you set the value for either the FS or BS and then exit out and go back into EDM settings again there are zero again. We noticed this when we were doing reflectorless work recently and ending up having to set the prism constant on the gun instead. Is there something I am missing here?

Kevin
K Smith

Postby Jason Poitras » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:04 am

Jason Poitras
General Manager
jason.poitras@microsurvey.com
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Postby K Smith » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:46 am

K Smith

Postby Jason Poitras » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:20 pm

Hi Kevin,

At the moment, we don't have a Recon here that I can test with. However, the build that you are using is the same one that our iPAQ and Toughbook Pocket PC devices use and when I try this the settings are saved correctly.

Only thing I can suggest you do, is look in the msurvey.ini file and look at what values are stored under the instrument section. You will see somthing like this:

[INSTRUMENT]
Type=1
Make&Model=65537
Port=1
Baud=19200
Parity=0
DataBits=8
StopBits=1
PrismOffsetFS=0.000000
PrismOffsetBS=0.000000

You can try editing the values for the PrismOffset, save it then copy the ini file back onto your Recon. Then see if anything happens.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Postby K Smith » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:29 pm

Hi Jason,

I looked in the .ini file and the values very set to 0.0000 for both. I copied the .ini file onto my PC, edited one of the prism offset values to 0.034 and moved the file back onto the Recon. I opened an exisitng project and went into the EDM settings, both were still set to 0.0000.

Kevin
K Smith

Postby Jason Poitras » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:29 pm

Hi Kevin,

Are other settings saved to the ini file? For example what happens if you change the background color form white to black in the program settings? Are they saved?

Something is wrong and I don't know what it is. Could you email me your ini file so I can take a look at it. Maybe I'll spot something in it that might point to the problem.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Problem solved

Postby K Smith » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:59 pm

Jason,

To bring some conclusion to this problem. I had one of our recons with the FG2005 NOT installed to the BUILT-IN storage. After fixing this problem the .ini was being read properly.

thanks for your feedback.

Kevin
K Smith

Return to FieldGenius