FG2005 Button Colors on the Ranger

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

FG2005 Button Colors on the Ranger

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:58 pm

I have a TDS Ranger and am runnig FG2005 1.1

The buttons at the top of the screen for "zoom extents" "zoom+-" "zoom window" and "pan" all have very dark blue backgrounds.

My FG2005 settings are set for "system default"

My Ranger CE 3.0 is set for "windows standard"

These weird button colors are very annoying and take away from the appearance of the program.

If I change FG2005 to use "high intensity white" the screen is too bright to use.

Could you guys please give this some attention and fix it.

How about including a "color scheme" that looks like the screen on the Tracker that will over-ride whatever colors are chosen in the CE 3 operating system.

Thanks

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:14 am

Great Technical Support........

It's been 2 weeks and no response.

Are you guys on vacation???

Postby Darcy Detlor » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:45 pm

Hi there,

Unfortunately the only way to fix this is to have a color ranger in the office. We do not currently have one here, so there is nothing to report back to you on this problem.

We are puzzled why the Ranger colors are so different. All the other color CE devices work fine, and we do not do any thing "special" with any of the devices to color the buttons. They are just standard color bitmaps, complied using the standard Microsoft compiler, but somehow the Ranger changes the color. Go figure.

When we get one, we will fix it and post it in a service pack.
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
[email protected]
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:02 pm

Hi Darcey,

I don't expect you to get a Ranger to fix the problem. But I can tell you exactly when the button colors problem started.

Prior to the release of FG2004 1.0.6 the colors on the Ranger worked just fine. It has been every version since that the top row button colors changed.

As for my other question.........

Why don't you include a color scheme that over-rides whatever color scheme is active within the OS and include one that "looks" just like the Tracker screen that all your advertisements show?

Thanks

Postby Darcy Detlor » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:38 am

Hello,

We have a million things on our plate right now. Our desktop development staff is building MSCAD 2005 for release, and our data collection staff is working on other products. Development time needs to be scheduled. Although it may seem like a simple problem, it may still take a day to fix, and we won't even know if it is fixed without having a unit here. That means that it will be a multi-day process to fix, which is not an effective way to run your development staff.

All we can do it schedule it for attention at some point in the future when we are back in that section of code and we have the right equipment to solve the problem.
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
[email protected]
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Return to FieldGenius