[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - HiPer-Legacy Correction Link

HiPer-Legacy Correction Link

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

HiPer-Legacy Correction Link

Postby nvolny » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:20 pm

I use a TopCon HiPer system with a Topcon Legacy base and the Pac Crest PDL radio. Have Fieldgenius 2005 1.1 (just downloaded 1.2) on a ipaq. I hook to the base connect and everything seems fine. The TX light is blinking and both base and rover are set for CMR+ broadcast. Then I hook to the rover. Here comes the problem. The RX lite is always flashing so I know some kind of data is getting to the rover. Many times on the first try I look in (information) (correction link) and no coordinates have been received. Sometimes it does not show the type of signal (CMR+) and sometimes it does not even show a message as received. Persistance, usually 5-9 tries usually gets communication going between the rover and base. This is very time consuming and frustrating though. Is there something I am missing?

On another topic, when a local coordinate system is adjusted using edit control, then reprocessed using adjust points there has been 3 times where the processing of the raw file has halted at 95% or less. No amount of shutdown/resets will correct this. Then when I go to reload the project everything is halted again because the raw file will not fully process. I can e-mail the offensive files if you would like to see if it's particular to my system.

Thanks

Norb
nvolny

Postby Jason Poitras » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:52 am

Hello,

While this is going on, what does the GPS postion type button say on the instrument toolbar? Does it say No Link? If you connect to the receiver and leave it for lets say five minutes, does it connect?

Regarding the adjust points command. Depending on the size of your project, using this can take a long time to adjust the points. You need to be patient, it will eventually finish. We'll look at speeding this up in a future version.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
jason.poitras@microsurvey.com
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Postby nvolny » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:11 am

yes it says no link. I will time it next time patience might be the problem. It gets 5 minutes. The local projection problem i have actually left for 5 minutes come back and still at 95%. This is usually after adding control points a few times.

Thanx,
Norb
nvolny

patience didn't solve the problem

Postby nvolny » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:29 am

I installed patience 10.0 and waited 10 minutes for the link. Still getting the No Link message. Other messages are as follows:

No link
CMR
Message Count 1000
Age 0
Quality 100%
Error Not available

Reference Data

all none.

I set the reference first and the data collector said it was programmed with the coordinates before I hooked up the rover. Also the custom coordinate system for Deschutes County that you set up for me was way off. Is there a way I can get in and tinker with the values till it matches the known points throughout the county? This coordinate system is VERY important as all City of Bend Partitions and Lot Line Adjustments are required to be on the system. I am currently performing a Local transformation with every job to match into the system which requires me to occupy known points with the rover each time.

Thanks,

Norb
nvolny

Postby Jason Poitras » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:33 pm

Hi Norb,

It is unclear in your post, but are you saying everything worked correctly in version 1.1? So did the No Link problem appear after you installed version 1.2?

We have another customer experiencing the same problems and I am working with him to solve it. As soon as I know more I'll let you know what the problem / solution is to fix this.

Today we posted an updated version 1.2 that fixes some issues with connecting to the base. You might want to re-install 1.2 from the web and try connecting again. Let me know what happens.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

thanks for researching the problem

Postby nvolny » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:09 pm

The connection didn't work well with 1.1 either. Will try the new 1.2 update. Recently reprogrammed the radio to my new liscensed frequencies and changed some modem settings so will see if any of that helps. Thanks for your attention in this matter.

Norb
nvolny

Postby Jason Poitras » Thu May 05, 2005 6:19 am

Hi Norb,

One other customer who is using the Legacy / Hiper setup called me and left a voicemail message that everything is working with his 1.2 version.

One thing that changed in 1.2 that you need to be aware of is we updated our profile for the reference and rover which means you have to go through setting this up again. If you want you can call our tech support department and they can go through these settings with you.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Return to FieldGenius