Updating FG2005 1.0 to 1.2

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Updating FG2005 1.0 to 1.2

Postby Cade Brown » Thu May 05, 2005 2:56 pm

For some reason I'm unable to get version 1.2 on our PocketPC. I've downloaded the new version from the support page and it shows the software being installed to the PocketPC but when clicking on "About FieldGenius" in the main menu it still shows Version 1.0 and none of the changes talked about in “Information about FieldGenius 2005 Version 1.2” have been made. I've even tried wiping the PocketPC and CF card clean and trying a fresh install but I still get version 1.0 installing.

The file properties show I downloaded file version is 9.1.0.440. Is this Version 1.2??

Previous updates have working fine but not this one.

Thanks in advance
Cade Brown

Postby cadrum » Mon May 09, 2005 5:46 am

Cade,

This might be worth a try. If you have been using the same PC to install FG each time you may have multiple entries on your PC's Add/Remove programs. Have a look in there and delete all the FieldGenius - Pocket PC entries. A re-boot here might help. Then re-install the newest version. That worked for me when I had the same problems. I was told this after a call to tech support. Hope this helps.
cadrum

Postby Cade Brown » Mon May 09, 2005 7:09 am

Hi Cadrum,

Thanks for the tip. I completely reset the PocketPC back to factory settings...a hard reset as well as reformatting the memory card that I usually install the program on. All remnants of FG should have been wiped clean before I retried the install.
Cade Brown

upgrade

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon May 09, 2005 7:35 am

As was mentioned by CADRUM, the computer that you are installing FG from also maintains a copy of the program for every install you make. It would be a good idea to go to the Add/Remove programs option on your desktop computer and remove all FG program installs from there - then do a clean install again.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Cade Brown » Mon May 09, 2005 7:44 am

Thanks Glen,

I've already tried the "Add/Remove Programs..." from the Tools menu in ActiveSync but to no avail. I've had no problems with all the updates all the way back to FieldGenius XG except for this one.
Cade Brown

upgrade

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon May 09, 2005 7:59 am

The Add/Remove we are speaking about is done via the Windows Start button -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. Then search for any FG entries and remove them all.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Cade Brown » Mon May 09, 2005 8:03 am

Thanks Glen,

That is probably it. I've got a lot of copies in there.
Cade Brown

Return to FieldGenius