Tracker RAM issue

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Tracker RAM issue

Postby DZim » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:36 am

I'm having an issue with my Tracker. Starting up FG, sometimes it gives me a message that I only have 11 MB of RAM, and it requires 12 MB. After restarting the program multiple times, the problem seems to solve itself, but its still strange.

Could this be an issue with active sync? Perhaps a process still taking up memory after the program closes?

PS- Is there a Windows Task Manager on the Tracker?

Postby CHRIS L » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:56 am

had the same issue happening here and Jason sent me this response

"Just make sure you don't have a copy of FieldGenius already running when you try to start it up again. Next time this occurs, open up your taskbar and make sure you don't see the program running. If it is, simply press the program box on the taskbar, and the program will be maximized."

I have found a solution that seems to be working and have not had the problem since. Always exit FG before doing anything. If you plug it in to charge, exit FG. Big one I think might be the reason is trying to download with FG still own opion is that trying to run FG and active sync at the same time is eating up the ram...atleast thats when I was having the most trouble with MIN ram error is after running it after downloading.. Just my 2 cents
Try exiting everything and see if it helps..

Postby mlbrack » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:05 am

Overtime, software applications tend toward chaos. Memory leaks, fouled proecesses, etc. Ensure FG is the only application running, and if there is still a problem...reboot. We tend to run survey appliactions like they are infinetely stable, but they're not. Cold/warm reboot occasionally to clear out the cobwebs for better stability and performance.

Return to FieldGenius