[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - No Zeiss drivers?

No Zeiss drivers?

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

No Zeiss drivers?

Postby jmahun » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:45 pm

I recently finished upgrading our Trackers to FG2005. Zeiss doesn't appear as an option in the total station selection in this version.
jmahun

Postby Jason Poitras » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:24 pm

Hello,

We removed the Zeiss option in FieldGenius 2005. We have to put our resources into supporting instruments that most of our customers are using, unfortunately the Zeiss isn't one of them.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
jason.poitras@microsurvey.com
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Postby jmahun » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:48 am

Well, we bought 13 Field Trackers to support our classes and I was assured by the sales person our two Zeiss Elta R50s were supported by the data collectors. They were in FG 2004, but aren't now in the FG 2005 upgrade. Our two total stations (both of which are <5 years old) have now been orphaned. I understand that you need to respond to market needs, but the support for the Zeiss instruments already existed - what savings was there in removing it?
So what do I do now? Revert back to FG 2004?
Jerry Mahun
Madison Area Technical College
jmahun

Postby Jason Poitras » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:26 am

Hi Jerry,

Did you try it with FG2004? Our understanding was that is didn't work so we removed it as an option so people looking at FieldGenius 2005 wouldn't bother trying it.

If it did work let me know. Tthe driver still exists in FieldGenius 2005 and all we would need to do is add it back to the instrument list in the next maintenance release of FieldGenius.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Postby jmahun » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:55 am

I hadn't enough time between receiving the data collectors and the upgrade to FG 2005 to do field trials for all my total stations and the Trackers (we started intergrating them into the classes this last Spring). I had hooked the data collectos to the instruments to see if they would at least communicate with each other and that seemed to work. I admit I should have been more thorough initially but I was assured prioir to purchase that the Trackers and my Zeiss instruments were compatible.
Jerry Mahun
jmahun

Postby Bill Tellier » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:04 pm

Bill Tellier

Postby Jason Poitras » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:28 am

Jason Poitras
General Manager
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Postby Bill Tellier » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:21 am

Bill Tellier