rotation

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

rotation

Postby Kevin » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:14 pm

:?
Could someone explaine how to use rotation.
I mean what information do you need to make the ajustment.
is it in cogo data?I don't know what info I need to rotate??
Please help.
Kevin

FG rotation of points

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:30 pm

If you have a series of points that you need to rotate about another point in FG then go to your menu (plumbob button), then go to the Data Manager button, then Coordinate Database. highlight all of the point numbers to rotate, then pick the RTS button - Fill in the Rotation Pnt field with the desired point number to rotate about (or pick it by picking on the Rotate Pnt button and then pick it from the drawing screen), and then enter in the desired rotation in ddd.mmss format.

FYI, the manual discusses this on page 62 and 63, for more information.

Cheers,
Last edited by Glen Cameron on Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Kevin » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:48 pm

I'm still lost
Kevin

Postby CHRIS L » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:19 am

Kevin

What exactly are you trying to do? Take a list of points then rotote them???....rotate only one points?

If you go to the data manager screen . then Coord. database...you get the list of point you have for that specific job.....so if you want to rotate points say "1-5" enter in 1-5 in the "enter range box" then hit enter and you with notice 1-5 get highlighted..Then hit RTS

To rotate points all you need is a rotation point and a angle how much you want it rotated...So if you want oto rotate everything around point 6....then enter 6 in the rotate pnt box and how much you want to rotate in in the Rotation Box ...then hit OK and it will tell you "Five points processed"
CHRIS L

Postby Kevin » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:32 pm

Chris,
I'm trying to replicate a CSM.
It's a very simple rectangle.
I type in the bearings and distances from the CSM after this I try to inverse from PT.1 to PT.4 and the distance is wrong by around 3 feet.
FYI: I have no experience with surveying of surveying software,as of today.I'm a home builder trying to stream line my stakeout's for placing homes for excavation and setting footings.I don't intend on surveying outside of my boundries.If that offends you like so many others don't even respond.
Kevin

I got it , thanks Glen

Postby Kevin » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:09 pm

I was makeing a entry error. :D [/b]
Kevin

Postby Kevin » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:10 pm

Thanks Glen !!!
Kevin

Return to FieldGenius