Edit Raw File

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Edit Raw File

Postby Bill Tellier » Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:35 am

Okay here we go again, I busted a few Rod entries and some Notes on some of the field shots. How do I edit the raw file before processing it to make them correct :mrgreen:
Bill Tellier

.RAW file = field book

Postby T.M. Moretz » Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:40 pm

:!: I would think that the integrity of the .RAW file should be treated just like a field book (back in the day when we used them) in that you shouldn't edit anything - just like you shouldn't erase an entry in a field book - if you make a mistake put one mark through it and ADD the new information. You could just edit the coordinate file and make a note of it somewhere. Not really an answer to your question but just a thought.
T.M. Moretz

Postby marko » Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:18 pm

Hello Bill,

If you wish to edit the FieldGenius RAW file, do so after downloading, but prior to import into MS-CAD/Express/InCAD.

After Download via FieldGenius Sync, you'll find the file sitting in the following folder:
<drive>:\<microsurvey program>\SyncWizard\Downloads\
...in a folder named exactly the same as your FieldGenius project.

DO NOT RENAME the raw file or you'll break the integrity of the automated import into your MicroSurvey program. The right place to rename the project is DURING import into MicroSurvey, not BEFORE import.

I think you would find it much easier to make corrections to target heights or Feature Codes via the Active Traverse Editor in your MicroSurvey Desktop product. Corrections like this are a snap, and you can visualize the reprocessing once complete. Linework will update if point positions move.
Mark Cahill BCLS
marko

Edit Raw File

Postby Bill Tellier » Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:12 am

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info. I use an Ipaq with a compact flash card. Could'nt I just take the card out, place it in a card drive on my desktop computer and just edit the raw file right there before I sync it to MicroSurvey :idea:

Thanks!

BT
Bill Tellier

Postby marko » Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:14 am

Bill,

Yes you could edit the file off of the flash card, but why would you want to do that? Making corrections is far easier once the data has been imported into MS-CAD.
Mark Cahill BCLS
marko

Return to FieldGenius