ZXtreme Driver

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Terry Westendorf

ZXtreme Driver

Post by Terry Westendorf » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:14 am

I have a Tracker loaded with Field Genius. Field Genius fails to connect to the ZXtreme, however it will connect to my Topcon APL1A. Thus, the Tracker does not have a physical COM port problem. Checked the COM port of the ZXtreme by connecting to a TDS Ranger loaded with SurveyMax 3.8.3 and it works fine. The only thing I can think of to flush out is the driver. So, is anyone using the Tracker/Field Genius with a Ashtech ZXtreme? Tech support, I really need some help with this one so I can get this unit in the field.

Thanks,

Terry Westendorf
Terry Westendorf, PLS
MITCHELL-WESTENDORF, P.A.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina

louismullen

Re: ZXtreme Driver

Post by louismullen » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:02 pm

Hi Terry

We have Zxtremes working fine with FG2005. Email me and I ill help you get going.

regards

Louis mullen
Terry Westendorf wrote:I have a Tracker loaded with Field Genius. Field Genius fails to connect to the ZXtreme, however it will connect to my Topcon APL1A. Thus, the Tracker does not have a physical COM port problem. Checked the COM port of the ZXtreme by connecting to a TDS Ranger loaded with SurveyMax 3.8.3 and it works fine. The only thing I can think of to flush out is the driver. So, is anyone using the Tracker/Field Genius with a Ashtech ZXtreme? Tech support, I really need some help with this one so I can get this unit in the field.

Thanks,

Terry Westendorf