FG2006 Stake Description Bug

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

surveyjoe

FG2006 Stake Description Bug

Post by surveyjoe » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:52 pm

When staking with a total station I can tap on the point and stake. I can also tap on the info icon and get the description for the point being staked.

Let's say I have point no. 32 and the description is "B/C". When I am thru staking point 32 and store the shot, I return to the Stake Points screen and have the option to choose another Design Point to stake. If I tap on the Design Point chooser and choose point no. 267, description "Top MH" and stake point no 267, the shot info such as angle to turn and distance to go is referenced to point no 267, but the point description is still referenced to the previous point. The description should say "Top MH" but it says "B/C".

Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Post by Jason Poitras » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:00 am

Hello,

Yes I reproduced the bug, and as you stated it only happens if you use the point chooser. The bug isn't altering the description in the database, it is just a display bug.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
jason.poitras@microsurvey.com

surveyjoe

Post by surveyjoe » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:05 am

I was staking points over the weekend and was thinking if you would show the point description directly under where FG shows "Stk: Design Pnt XXX" it would greatly improve the point stake routine.

Maybe you could have FG show something on the main graphics screen such as:

Stk: Design Pnt 1327
Desc: Top MH

If you did this it would reduce the number or "taps" the user has to make and speed up the point staking process.

Currently while in RTK stake mode the point description is very hard to find because the Hrms and Vrms values are shown in the Info box. The point description does not show up.

Thanks

Joe

Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Post by Jason Poitras » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:25 pm

Hello,

This bug is fixed in version 2.0.2. Please visit the FieldGenius support section to update your current version of FieldGenius.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
jason.poitras@microsurvey.com