[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - Talking to ... Criterions

Talking to ... Criterions

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Talking to ... Criterions

Postby Teresa » Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:12 am

Hi Darcy,

So can we do this? Have our FG communicate with odds and ends like Criterions? If we cannot currently, is there something I can do to make it so?

Teresa
Teresa

Critters?

Postby Darcy Detlor » Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:41 pm

Hi there,

We are adding hardware as there is demand for it. With our XG 2.0 we have added a ton of GPS gear.

I can't say that we have had a lot of demand for Criterion... BUT, FieldGenius already supports the 300 model. Just look under Instrument -> Handheld Lasers to select it.
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
darcy.detlor@microsurvey.com
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

criterion / FG

Postby Teresa » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:48 pm

Geez, and there I was assuming that they (Criterion & FG) cannot talk. So..I was thinking of renting a Criterion and am alot more enthusiastic about it if I don't have to hand-book notes. Has this communication been tried by anyone?

So soon, really soon, I will be able to flip my FG around to my GPS gear, then to my total station, and then ... maybe even now... to a Criterion??

Teresa
Teresa

Yes, soon...

Postby Darcy Detlor » Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:36 pm

It's coming...

We are doing final testing on some GPS gear now and are targeting the end of the month for shipping to selected users.

You can expect a full release of FieldGenius XG 2.0 in April. We have more surprises coming that are sure to rock the boat. People need to forget what they knew about data collectors and look at FieldGenius 2.0 as a big evolutionary step forward.

MicroSurvey is currently developing a Video Training series on FieldGenius, because we continually run into people (mostly at shows) who stare at us with a puzzled expression on their face when we do connectivity. They just don't expect it to be so simple.

We all learned how to connect the dots in Kindergarten. With some data collectors, it is just far too difficult to do something that we have all known our whole lives. Anyway, we are having fun with this product!
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
darcy.detlor@microsurvey.com
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Return to FieldGenius