FG 2006 Desktop Emulator

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

jmahun

FG 2006 Desktop Emulator

Post by jmahun » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:55 am

Some of the menu buttons overlap the Accept/Reject buttons on some menu screens (eg, Project defaults, Roads menu). This happens for both the Desktop and Field Tracker emulator versions. I've tried changing the screen resolution but still have the same problem (this was also true in FG2005).

Glen Cameron

Post by Glen Cameron » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:22 am

Can you detail exactly which screen you see this on please? So once you pick the menu button, where do you go from there?

I bounced around in my copy here and did not spot a problem in the current emulator, but I may have missed a screen. If you can tell me exactly which buttons you picked to be able to get to it, it would help a lot.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario

jmahun

Post by jmahun » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:11 am

Well, it happens in a number of places. For instance, this is the Store Point screen at 1024X768 resolution:

This is the Roads menu at 640x480 resolution:

Here's an example of disappearing prompts under the Map View in the Traverse Comps screen:

(these are for FG 2006 emulator in Desktop mode, but it also happens in Tracker mode).

It's an interesting phenomena since everything displays alright on my laptop and on our class computers. It must have someting to do with my video card/driver - I'll have to play around with font sizes. I can still use the emulator, I just have to watch where I click as it picks the bottom button. Wonder if anyone else is experiencing this.

jmahun

Post by jmahun » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:32 am

Yeah, it appears to be a font issue. When I select standard size fonts at a 1024x768 resolution I don't get the overlapping buttons. Guess I need stronger glasses now (or a bigger monitor...).

Glen Cameron

Post by Glen Cameron » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:35 am

It sounds like the same problem as we ran into with MSCAD2005 as described in this link: pick here
The customer there was using a font that was larger than normal in high resolution. Setting it back to normal worked fine for him.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario