Automated Linework??

Discussion of MicroSurvey inCAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Automated Linework??

Postby SKURVEYER » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:12 pm

I was wondering if anyone may know if it is possible to automate linework with inCAD 2004. I know it is possible with the autodesk survey add on, but I wasnt sure if it would be possible with Microsurvey inCad 2004. If it is possible does anyone know in what direction to go about automating. I would assume that a LISP sequence would need to be created which wouldnt be an issue, but if this is incorrect than please let me know. Even better yet: has anyone written a sequence that they may want to shre with me in order to save some trouble.

We are using Autodesk Land Development 2004 and one of our guys is using Microsurvey inCad 2004, so if what I am asking is possible then I will be sure to get write to work on it. Any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
SKURVEYER

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:56 am

InCAD has all of the same Automated Line options that our MSCAD program has.

We have several different coding options to do the line work.
If you look in the help file for inCAD you should be able to find the options under SDRMap Coding, XYZ Coding, AutoMAP and AIMS Coding (or wording very similar to these). Each of these methods uses different coding or connection methods. You would have to examine each to see which one would work best for you.

The one I would suggest looking at is the SDRMap Coding method as it is quite easy to use. It can also be used in conjustion with AutoMAP to control the layering of the points, placement of symbols, etc.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby SKURVEYER » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:19 am

Thanks for the reply, I am very happy to hear that your program automates linework, cause if it didnt I would have had to purchase a seperate pogram. Just one more ? though:

Is it possible to input what code you want to represent what. For example: If I were to collect data for two different fence lines then could I code one as FNC1 and the other as FNC2 so that the linework does not connect in areas that arent truly the same?

Sorry if this ? is confusing in any way, I may not have explained as well as I should have. Thanks again fo rthe reply, and I cant wait to check out the automation feature of you guys' program. This is very exciting to me..lol
SKURVEYER

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:16 am

Any and all descriptions you wish to use, will work. The code being used with the description is what tells the program to draw the lines. The description is used to know which points to draw between.

Example using the SDRMap connection method:

FNC1 ST, this tells us to start drawing a line with this point, using the description FNC1 and join to the other points with the same description, in an increasing point number order. If you then start a second line FNC2 ST, it will do the same with the FNC2 points. Both descriptions are handled independantly. In fact, you can have any number of similar and yet different descriptions in use, each one will draw it's own lines, connecting the same descriptions in increasing point number order.

Take a gander in our help file for more detailed examples.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey inCAD