[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - an easier way to pan and also a click drag?

an easier way to pan and also a click drag?

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

an easier way to pan and also a click drag?

Postby bookermorgan » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:11 am

hello,
as of yesterday i am now running mscad 2005, quite different from 2004 and 2002 that i have been using up to this point.

i was wondering if there was an easier way to access the realtime pan feature. maybe somthing like in 2002 or 2004 with the alt key.

also for some reason, maybe my fault, i am not getting a selection box unless i hold down the left mouse key and drag, as opposed to the click and drag.

also ATTXEDIT in 2005?
Morgan Booker
Drafting Supervisor

Vista Geomatics Ltd.
Bay 1, 2135 32nd Ave NE
Calgary AB
Phone: 270-4048
Fax: 270-8283
bookermorgan

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:50 am

Being you are new to MSCAD2005, I might suggest your reading the document at this link:
http://www.microsurvey.com/support/msca ... 005Q&A.htm

It may help you with some issues when transitioning from 2004 to 2005.

The dynamic pan is simply the Middle Mouse wheel being held down as if it were a button. While pressed, if you mouse the mouse on the screen it will act as dynamic pan. Double click the wheel is zoom extents. Rolling it in and out are zoom in and zoom out. Can't be much easier than that :)

Settings menu -> Drawing Settings -> Coordinate Input tab -> Change Settings for: set it to Entity Selection. Under selection I have them all turned on except the Window Drag option.

CadTools menu is where you will find the attribute editing commands available in MSCAD2005.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby bookermorgan » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:53 pm

thank you for clearing up the previous issues.

one other question, how do i go about rotating and object to a reference angle.
i tried using the base angle rotate but had no luck.
Morgan Booker
Drafting Supervisor

Vista Geomatics Ltd.
Bay 1, 2135 32nd Ave NE
Calgary AB
bookermorgan

Rotate with Base Angle

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:41 am

: rotate

Select entities to rotate:
Opposite corner:
Rotation point:
Base angle/<Rotation>: b
Base angle <0>:
Second point:
New angle:

When you are asked for the Base angle - I simply picked the two points that are the current direction on screen. The first point was my base point, the second was th eother end of the line as it sits now. Then when asked to enter the New angle, I picked the new location for the previous second picked point. The program calculates the angle from that and completes the rotation of the selected entities.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Postby bookermorgan » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:49 pm

where would i go if i wanted to change the dimensioning so that the arrows stay outside the lines up to a distance of 2.50 then switch to inside the lines on a distance larger than that?
Morgan Booker
Drafting Supervisor

Vista Geomatics Ltd.
Bay 1, 2135 32nd Ave NE
Calgary AB
bookermorgan

Dimension labeling

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:57 am

I assume you are using the CAD DIM commands to do the labeling. I do not know of a way to limit the labeling in the way you asked. The only options are found in the DIM SE dialog, under the Format tab - Fit text and arrowheads inside, Fit text inside arrows outside, Fit either text or arrowheads inside, Fit best way possible.

This will be dependent upon the height of the text being used, the length of the text label, the size and style of the arrowheads and the space available being labeled.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

back to the rotation

Postby bookermorgan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:54 am

i have attempted the rotation by base angle and am still having problems.

heres how i think you were explaining it

:rotate
Oppisite corner:
Select entities to rotate: (i press enter)
Rotation Point: (my Base point on new line)
Base angle/<Rotation>:b
Base angle<0>: (Basepoint again?)
Second point: (other end of old line)
New angle: (same end as second point but on new line)

so i am doing somthing worng but cant figure it out
Morgan Booker
Drafting Supervisor

Vista Geomatics Ltd.
Bay 1, 2135 32nd Ave NE
Calgary AB
bookermorgan

Re: back to the rotation

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:34 am

Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Postby bookermorgan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:44 am

um, sadly this is where i end up...

Morgan Booker
Drafting Supervisor

Vista Geomatics Ltd.
Bay 1, 2135 32nd Ave NE
Calgary AB
bookermorgan

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:56 am

OK - I think I know what you have done - you have gone into the DDUNITS command and changed something from the standard that we work with. you probably chnaged your north reference or something else in the angular portion.

Set your units back to the default.

Type in UNITS:(if you are in surveyors units follow this:)
: units

Unit mode (LUNITS):
1. Scientific 4.225E+01
2. Decimal 42.25
3. Engineering 3'-6.25"
4. Architectural 3'-6 1/4"
5. Fractional 42 1/4

Unit mode 1-5 <2>:

Number of decimal places for LUNITS 0-8 <3>:

Angular unit mode (AUNITS):
1. Decimal degrees 90.0
2. Degrees/minutes/seconds 90d0'0
3. Grads 100.00g
4. Radians 1.57r
5. Surveyor's units N 00d0'0"E

Angular unit mode 1-5 <5>:

Number of decimal places for angular units 0-8 <4>:

Angle 0 direction <E>:

Do you want angles measured clockwise? <N>:

Type in UNITS:(if you are in degrees/minutes/seconds follow this:)

Unit mode (LUNITS):
1. Scientific 4.225E+01
2. Decimal 42.25
3. Engineering 3'-6.25"
5. Fractional 42 1/4

Unit mode 1-5 <2>:

Number of decimal places for LUNITS 0-8 <3>:

1. Decimal degrees 90.0
3. Grads 100.00g
4. Radians 1.57r

Angular unit mode 1-5 <5>: 2

Number of decimal places for angular units 0-8 <4>:

Angle 0 direction <0°0'0">:

Do you want angles measured clockwise? <N>:

Now it should work as descirbed.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Postby bookermorgan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:04 am

Unit mode (LUNITS):
1. Scientific 4.225E+01
2. Decimal 42.25
3. Engineering 3'-6.25"
5. Fractional 42 1/4

Unit mode 1-5 <2>: 2

Number of decimal places for LUNITS 0-8 <3>: 3

1. Decimal degrees 90.0
3. Grads 100.00g
4. Radians 1.57r

Angular unit mode 1-5 <2>: 2

Number of decimal places for angular units 0-8 <4>: 4

Angle 0 direction <90°0'0">: 0 ((this goes back to 90 every time))

Do you want angles measured clockwise? <N>: n

still not working
Morgan Booker
Drafting Supervisor

Vista Geomatics Ltd.
Bay 1, 2135 32nd Ave NE
Calgary AB
bookermorgan

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:13 am

Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

DIMENSIONING...

Postby bookermorgan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:33 am

alright now that works thank you!!
:D

heres my dimensioning problem

i want the type of arrows at 0.96 for all my smaller measurements, well my boss does.....
as you can see by the 2.02 and the 1.18 measurement that way looks strange. and there doesnt seem to be a text and arrows outside option...
Morgan Booker
Drafting Supervisor

Vista Geomatics Ltd.
Bay 1, 2135 32nd Ave NE
Calgary AB
bookermorgan

dimension arrows

Postby artb » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:43 am

2006/08/28

Morgan

I opened microsurveys "marr.dwg" drawing, rotated the arrow in that drawing around the tip of the arrow 180 deg. (co-ords 0,0,0 I think)- resaved it as marrev in the same directory as the original arrow.

When I dimension a short tie as per your example I ask for the marrev arrow and it puts the arrows outside the lines. It may be necessary to move the dimension that MS puts in there to keep from obscurring the arrows but it works for me.

I haven't been using the dimensioning commands as I am not all that familiar with how they work but the icons for Automatic house ties with arrows does that part of the job.

Hope this helps.

Artb
artb
artb

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:03 pm

The DIM command in the CAD engine does not have a toggle or setting to force the arrows and text outside of the area being dimensioned.

Using the Survey annotation options may work better, as descibed by ARTB, they can be customized a bit by the user.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Postby bookermorgan » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:08 am

I dont think that i entirely understand...

I opened MMARR.dwg
rotated 180 around arrowhead
saved as MMARREV.dwg

now what dimensioning command am i to use?
i am using _DIMALIGNED
Morgan Booker
Drafting Supervisor

Vista Geomatics Ltd.
Bay 1, 2135 32nd Ave NE
Calgary AB
bookermorgan

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:23 am

There are two completely different methods of labeling survey drawings.

1) is using the CAD dimensioning commands (such as dimaligned)

2) is using the survey related dimensioning options we added to the CAD engine, found under the MsAnnotate menu.

They do not work with each other. Your confusion is based upon mixing of the two methods.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Base Rotation

Postby wthompson » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:10 am

Hi Glenn,

The fix you have for getting the base rotation to work is good except now since us surveyors make reference to north as 0deg, this fix does not let us input our directions proper. In the previous version of MS the base (reference) rotation worked how it should - now it does not. The fact that "Angle 0 direction <90°0'0">: 0 ((this goes back to 90 every time)) " is in itself a problem.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.
wthompson

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:24 am

If you use the Survey commands, the way we set the units up when you start a job, is correct. North is 0 degrees and all survey routines (COGO, CADLines, Traversing, labeling routines, etc.) reference this correctly.

If you try and use the CAD routines, then yes you will see a difference. I do not recommend using the CAD methods when entering in Survey data.

If you must use the CAD methods, for whatever reason, then the DDUNITS command allows the change in the 0 direction.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Postby kevinnem » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:19 am

kevinnem

Postby kevinnem » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:56 pm

I have found that the issues I am haveing are related to the ddunit --- angle -- base angle = 0 thing.

It all works well when it is set to 0 , but seems to keep reset to 270, and I keep switching it back.

Is there something I am doing that keep setting it back to 270?
kevinnem

Postby artb » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:00 pm

2007/11/28

As a followup to comments I have made on previous occasions related to the ddunits command and the last one of kevinnem I would suggest that our experience has shown that the ddunits command in mscad 2005 and 2002 does not work properly. Something happened between 2001 and 2002 with that command and since that time it works erratically. It is possible that this may have some affect to the scenario of kevinnem.

I believe that the Microsurvey programmers need to delve into the programming of this command to get it working the way it used to. (2001)

One of the things that I have observed is that there are certain routines when activated that will change these settings (possibly to default settings??) probably to allow your program to complete the calcuations in the way that they have been set up. However one thing that your programmers seemed to have missed is that they do not always return the settings to what they were before the routine changed the settings.

I have ,on a number of occasions, had the base angle assigned a totally unexpected value in these situations only to discover this later when a subsequent calculation resulted in an unexpected answer.

I cannot offer any comments on how this may affect a dimensioning command as that is an area that I am not familiar. I use the cogo commands and/or icons for dimensioning lines.

We, as Land Surveyors, need to use north as "0" and definitely prefer to have calculations travel in a positve (clockwise) direction (contrary to Cad wanting things to be Counterclockwise) and I sincerely hope that MS will revist this ddunits routine program so that it will function as your brochures suggest it does. In conjunction with this exercise I also sincerely hope that if any of the routines that they create alters any of the existing settings then they include a routine to return these settings to what they were before their routine altered them.

Artb
artb
artb

Postby artb » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:00 pm

2007/11/28

As a followup to comments I have made on previous occasions related to the ddunits command and the last one of kevinnem I would suggest that our experience has shown that the ddunits command in mscad 2005 and 2002 does not work properly. Something happened between 2001 and 2002 with that command and since that time it works erratically. It is possible that this may have some affect to the scenario of kevinnem.

I believe that the Microsurvey programmers need to delve into the programming of this command to get it working the way it used to. (2001)

One of the things that I have observed is that there are certain routines when activated that will change these settings (possibly to default settings??) probably to allow your program to complete the calcuations in the way that they have been set up. However one thing that your programmers seemed to have missed is that they do not always return the settings to what they were before the routine changed the settings.

I have ,on a number of occasions, had the base angle assigned a totally unexpected value in these situations only to discover this later when a subsequent calculation resulted in an unexpected answer.

I cannot offer any comments on how this may affect a dimensioning command as that is an area that I am not familiar. I use the cogo commands and/or icons for dimensioning lines.

We, as Land Surveyors, need to use north as "0" and definitely prefer to have calculations travel in a positve (clockwise) direction (contrary to Cad wanting things to be Counterclockwise) and I sincerely hope that MS will revist this ddunits routine program so that it will function as your brochures suggest it does. In conjunction with this exercise I also sincerely hope that if any of the routines that they create alters any of the existing settings then they include a routine to return these settings to what they were before their routine altered them.

Artb
artb
artb

Return to MicroSurvey CAD