XYZ Connections

Discussion of MicroSurvey inCAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

XYZ Connections

Postby hsharples » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:37 am

If the field crew picks up 3 separate road edges (ZEP, ZEP1, ZEP2), the AutoMAP system will put the ZEP on the layer as set up in the library, but will put ZEP1 and ZEP2 on the current layer. How do I fix this? And, Even though I have the selected polylines in the library set up, the AutoMAP draws line segments.
hsharples

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:33 am

You must setup a unique description entry in AutoMAP to be able to handle each description. You actually enter in EP, EP1 and EP2 without the Z prefix, in AutoMAP, or you can enter in EP* then all descriptions starting with EP will match (the X,Y, or Z prefix is always ignored when matching descriptions to an entry in AutoMAP)

AutoMAP does not use the settings for linework when the linework is drawn using the Z-Coding option. It is strictly for the AutoMAP linwork option. So we do not draw polylines using the Z-coding method of automated linework, except for curves (X code as a prefix).

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby hsharples » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:03 pm

Sorry I mistyped. I wasn't using a Z prefix in my descriptions. I did change my descrictions to use a "*" suffix (EP*), and it worked great.

Thanks
hsharples

Return to MicroSurvey inCAD