next update....

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

next update....

Postby camte » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:12 am

hey I know that you guys are probably busy getting ready for 2007 but I have a small list of things that i have been sitting on for quite some time ( since I have been busy with fg).
The lot creation by picking sides command is cumbersome, the lot numbering is not incrimental so you have to remember the next lot number, the lot report saves to the same location and file name every time (instead of where you saved the last one and the file name should include the lot number). And the create lots by picking sides sometimes freezes and the only way to reset it is to restart mscad. I do a lot of subdivision work and the program is great, I just had some suggestions.

Also, is there any way that mscad can import a sdr map project? That would be really nice.

Thanks
Cameron Harmon
T-E Incorporated
camte

wish list

Postby camte » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:17 am

Just remembered another wish, Mscad2005 leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to handling polylines. like it wont fillet or chamfer, and you can only select one pl using the pedit command.

Thanks Again
Cameron Harmon
camte

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:51 am

MSCAD can fillet or chamfer 2D polylines. The option is built into both commands, if you wish to do all vertices along the pline. you can fillet a line and a polyline - but you can not fillet 2 polylines. This is the way the CAD engine works and not much we can do to change it ourselves.

We can read in the SDR RAW files only. I don't see this changing in the near future.

I will report the ideas about the numbering of the lots and the naming of the lot reports, on to the development team.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD