TOOLBAR WOES

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

TOOLBAR WOES

Postby Richard Sands » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:00 am

The 'Entity Properties' Toolbar went array and lost all but 3 parts of its anatomony today. I was endeavouring to work with a rather large design plan sent by an engineer. The units were in mm in real world ccordinates so northings were 10 figures before the decimals. My attempts to rescale and shift proved too much and MSCAD hung. After I'd retrieved the situation the toolbar woes began. The Layer Control and some other controls were gone from the Entity Properties. I tried restarting, rebooting, resetting and whatever else i could think of but to no avail. I noticed too if I clicked the 'Explore layers' that it took an inexcusable time to respond. I'm not sure how to retrieve/ revive the ill fated toolbar?
I just read the link from Glen re Toolbar issues but my problems came into play with stock standard settings and no Profiles.
regards Richard
Richard Sands

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:46 am

We can reset the program to use the factory defaults, which resets all toolbars, profiles and menus.

Before doing this, if you have created any custom toolbars, then please be sure to export them and back them up so they can be imported again later.

To reset the program, Exit MSCAD, go to the Windows Start button up to Run and type in the command REGEDIT and delete this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MicroSurvey\MSCAD2005 then exit Regedit.

When you restart MSCAD 2005 you will get a message about setting the default paths, etc. - then it should be fine again. (if you are uncomfortable with this, please phone us for help!)

Then you can import the customized toolbars again (if you had exported any before doing the reset).

Cheers,
Last edited by Glen Cameron on Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

TOOLBARS

Postby Richard Sands » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:45 pm

Thanks Glen
Thats fixed the bars but closing and reopening changes the position of the toolbars - I have some on left and some on right side screen. They now take up 2 columns rather than under each other in one cloumn width. I've reset them manually several times and each new start Mscad reverts them.
On another note I assume the warning about 'Profiles' is still current.
regards Richard
Richard Sands

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:57 pm

This sounds like the same toolbar behavior issue that Brian had responded to before? Does it help this time?

Brian Sloman - Technical Support Representative
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:29 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Richard, have you tried the Restore Down trick mentioned in other posts? Try the following...

Toolbar Behavior: After applying the service pack you might find that some of your toolbars will not be located in the same place you last put them. Here is the work around to this problem:

1. Press the "Restore Down" button once so you can resize your MSCAD program window.
2. Resize the MSCAD window to equal the size of your monitor.
3. Place your toolbars where you want them.
4. Close the program.
5. The position of the toolbars will always be saved correctly.
After you've done this you can maximize your program again and the toolbars will stop moving around.

Until a new version of MSCAD is released - Profiles are not a good thing to use as they can cause all sorts of pain and anguish for you.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

TOOLBARS OR IS IT OPERATOR?

Postby Richard Sands » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:18 pm

thanks Glen - Not paying enough attention! I think playing around with dual monitors caused me some grief also - again Operator error!!
regards Richard
Richard Sands

Return to MicroSurvey CAD