Hopeful improvements to your program

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Hopeful improvements to your program

Postby artb » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:25 pm

I wanted to add a few ideas for your programmers to work on and, in the case of bugs, hopefully fix.

One feature which I find particularly annoying is how the zoom feature using the scroll wheel will take you back to zoom extents just about the time that you are at the zoom level that you want to be. The result is that you have to start over and ,if you are careful, you will succeed the 2nd or 3rd time to get to the zoom level that you wanted to get to.

There are a number of occasions when your program will not allow you to pick entities using a window (forward or reverse doesn't matter). In order for that option to become available again you have to do a regen. After a regen the pick entities using a window will again work. I have discovered that one particular command that will create this situation every time is immediately after doing a QSAVE. A regen will reactivate the window picks.

Another issue that relates to "picks" is it often happens after you have picked a number of items and try to execute the next command your program fails to allow you to execute the next command, The only "fix" I have found is to escape (lose all your picks) and start over. This can only happen after you have done a regen.

I hope the above issues are ones which you already have on your list or will add them to the list

Art
artb
artb

Return to MicroSurvey CAD