R6025 fatal Error?

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

R6025 fatal Error?

Postby Rusty Collyer » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:57 am

Picking up a fatal R6025 -Pure Virtual Function Call Error when attempting to save a MSCAD 2004 .flx file to any type/version of .dwg file using the saveas pulldown menu command....

Seems to be problematic to this drawing as it errors out similarly on either of two different PC's running MSCAD2004.

Have not encountered this error message before - Have saved drawings to various .dwg format many other times without issues...

Thoughts?

Thanks, Rusty
Rusty Collyer

Figured it out....

Postby Rusty Collyer » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:50 pm

Both your source and save to locations must be local (such as your C: Drive) - if either the source drawing or the save to location are on/over a network the program crashes....

Seems like someone at Microsurvey would have noticed this issue before me? Over 100 people viewed my question before I re-posted my own (self-deduced) solution, yet no replies - even from Glenn et. al......
Rusty Collyer

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:40 pm

Hi Rusty, your technical support contract expired back on 14/04/2006 and this User Forum is essentially for Customers to help each other only now.

As of Jan 2, 2007 all support being supplied by MicroSurvey staff is done via the HelpDesk by you entering in a Support Ticket. All users with a Valid and Current Support Contract are assisted at that time.

You are always welcome to post in this user forum and if another user can assist you, that is great. Our staff will now, very rarely, poke their heads in here and say anything as this area is not for us to respond in anymore.

We had too many people taking advantage of us by not purchasing technical support contracts, and still getting free support via this user forum from our staff members. This was stopped officially as of Jan 2, 2007 - and a post at the top of each forum was made to inform everyone of this.

I also saw your post in the POB forum but could not reply there either as it was also circumventing our technical support contract.

I am glad that you figured out a solution on your own, and I am sorry we could not assist you being your technical support contract had long ago expired. If you wish to renew it and post support tickets in our helpdesk, we would be happy to assist you at that time with the issue of the day.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Your policy re: fatal errors should be reconsidered....

Postby Rusty Collyer » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:54 pm

Glen -

Since you brought it up, I did post on RPLS.com after getting no response on this board - That board has a lot of Microsurvey users, and a super fast response time.....

While I did read and do understand your tech support contract position I certainly don't agree with all of it - IMO you might want to seriously consider 'changing' your response "rules" on fatal errors, since they're especially frustrating to the end user.

FYI - talk with Jason Poitras & Ed Henderson (Darcy was also copied on the emails) at your firm re: numerous phone calls and emails of about a year ago regarding a serious problem that I brought to your company's attention regarding Field Genius on an Allegro DC, running a Leica Robotic 1203 Total station - those issues were never / have not been resolved - no one ever got back to me with a fix or patch, so we're running Carlson SurvCE on our Data Collector now.

All of which I'm guessing you were not aware of, but that issue was/is still a huge one for me. And also the primary reason why I have not renewed my tech support contract with your firm and as per my latest post on RPLS.com, I'm looking at software options - not just with your software, but moreso my frustrations with the engineering side of Civil 3D 2007...

If you look back at my RPLS.com posts, you will see many very positive messages regarding your software posted by me.

Has MicroSurvey ever considered calling non-renewing long time users (such as myself) to see why we have not renewed our tech support contracts??? You might get some important and valuable feedback to continue to improve an already good software product.

You or others at MicroSurvey are welcome to call or email me off line to discuss the unresolved issues further. You folks certainly have my contact info -

Sometimes there are reasons why tech support contracts are not renewed - and it's not the nominal $$$/year......

Regards,

Rusty
Rusty Collyer

Saving to "other" locations

Postby Ed Gasbarre » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:57 am

I had been saving .flx drawings to other pc's in my office since 1998. I do this as a backup measure and have not experienced a crash when doing so.

We now run 2005 and sometimes save the .dwg drawings to three other locations.

Perhaps there is a different source to your problem.
Ed
Ed Gasbarre

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:13 pm

Hi Rusty,

All I can say is, if you are not fully comfortable with the way the user forum and techncial support in general, is being handled now, please feel free to write a letter/email to Darcy directly (You can cc it to Me as well if you wish). Others have expressed their opinions and comments to him already and the more feedback we get the better we can respond or adjust for the future.

I have looked into the issue you brought up about the FG and your Leica and being that Jason is out of town at the ACSM, I will probably not get an answer back from him until he returns. He is the best one to get an answer from as he knows what has been done and what is to be done with all aspects of development of our products. As you said, I was not aware of this issue, until you mentioned it to me. I know that the version at that time was FG2006, we do have FG2007 out now - have you tried it to see if the issue was resolved?

I have read many of your posts and there has never been anything I was concerned about with regard to the tone or reasoning of your messages. You have always been honest and considerate with your posts.

The POB user forum is a very large collection of users from all walks of life and they often give very helpful responses in very short order. I also consider it an excellent place to get information from.

Our Technical Sales Reps are tasked with the job to touch base with their clients so they should be following up with those that have chosen not to renew their support contracts. I will bring this up with the Vice President in charge of Sales.

Thank you,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Re: R6025 fatal Error?

Postby rwhatman » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:48 pm

Rusty Collyer wrote:Picking up a fatal R6025 -Pure Virtual Function Call Error when attempting to save a MSCAD 2004 .flx file to any type/version of .dwg file using the saveas pulldown menu command....

Seems to be problematic to this drawing as it errors out similarly on either of two different PC's running MSCAD2004.

Have not encountered this error message before - Have saved drawings to various .dwg format many other times without issues...

Thoughts?

Thanks, Rusty

I have not run into this error, but we are using MSCAD2005.
We have 3 computers that we save are drawings to a Server.

My computer was having problems saving to the Server and I would
have to save to the C: drive on my computer at times.

I found the problem 2 weeks ago. It was not MSCAD2005.
It was Norton Antivirse 2006 Live Update program.

It would take my IP address when it looked for updates.
I was no longer Logged to my server.

I have now Turned OFF Nortons LiveUpdate program.
This was the problem. I no longer have any save problems

Try other programs and see if the problem is the same.
Users have to narrow the problem down.

Paying good money for tech help that does not help is just a waste and
frustrating.

This board is now STATIC . Users don't know who has payed and do not want to be part of a problem.

I wont answer a TECH question. The Tech staff get paid for it or they are trying to.

The only clue now is Please Post at Tech Desk. This is a paying client.
Did he get help he need. We don't know.

If there is a question with no answer then this is a none Paying client and we can't help.

When MicroSurvey comes out with a new version that fixes the current problems we will likely buy and be paid up again as a paid client.

I have given MicroSurvey Hundres of my hours in the past to quickly
solve problems so that I and everone get the best product in the world.

I have wrote to Darcy and understand the problem.

The only way the problem can be solved now if MicroSurvey release
a New version.

Thanks
rwhatman

PROBLEMS WITH 2004

Postby Richard Sands » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:02 am

Just a comment re older versions of MSCAD. One could ask it is it reasonable to expect the developers of software to make patches and fix issues with older versions of the program? Should the developers put all their eggs in one basket or keep a foot in both camps and develop both old and new?
Personally I wouldn't expect any software developer to continue supporting the older version once a newer version has been around for a while as in MSCAD 2005. I dont consider the upgrade prices Microsurvey charge are unreasonable - compare them to Adobe, Esri, AutoCAD!!
I realise its also hard to put up with issues that need fixing if they cause major hassles and there's no easy way around.
As to this Forum - I must say I was sad to see it fall back to we users but can appreciate both sides. Look on some other survey software sites and one has to be apaid subscriber to access the Forums yet alone post to them. I feel thats a bit over the top as these forums are a good place to get a feel for the program. A bit of publicity even if there are some negative comments.
My 2 bobs worth.
As to 2004 - Rusty have you considered upgrade to 2005 - expect you have? I still have both but work solely in 2005 unless run into a modelling issue that doesn't seem to bother 2004.
regards Richard
Richard Sands

Postby Glen Cameron » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:39 pm

Rusty, as a simple follow-up to your FG issue, I have been informed that we have not been able to reproduce the issue. Being we can not reproduce it, it is very difficult to address and/or solve it.

If you have anything further on this, you are welcome to contact Jason directly.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD