No lines or distances created by cogo

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

No lines or distances created by cogo

Postby Carole » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:48 am

Does anyone have any clue why when I'm doing cogo calculations, some times no line or distance will be created between points? I will be calculating a string of points and one or two random calculations will not create any graphics. I do not leave the command or zoom or pan. Sometimes if I overwrite one of these odd points, weird vectors will be created joining the new location to other points that shouldn't be connected.
I also notice that sometimes my pan button will zoom instead. Usually if I leave the program and come back, that will be fixed.
I'm still getting a crash problem where a message comes up that says a resource was expected and then Microsurvey shuts down. This generally happens if I've been doing a lot of cogo. If I remember to close the program, I can sometimes head it off. Sometimes I get a hint that something is going to happen--all my buttons will go white. When that happens I save and exit and my work is usually intact. Still, it's time-consuming to have to recover my plan from Autosave and restore the database.
I have all the SPs installed.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Carole

Postby Darcy Detlor » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:45 pm

What operating system are you running and with what Microsoft service packs?
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
[email protected]
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Postby Carole » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:41 am

I'm using Windows XP 5.1 and I have SP 1.3 installed.
I also wanted to mention that I checked that all layers are visible.
Thanks.
Carole

COGO LINES

Postby Richard Sands » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:47 pm

I have this trouble also. My new PC running WinXP Pro gave this problem yesterday. Couldn't get it to work at all. MSCAD2005 SP1.3 downloaded off the web last week.
I have had this problem surface in past. Again with XP Home and Pro.
regards, Richard
Richard Sands

No lines in COGO

Postby Richard Sands » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:24 pm

This surfaced again yesterday. using Batch COGO the problem occured when I re-ran BC this time with a bearing addition and a scale factor applied. I found it ran OK but there was a missing line in the middle.
It also wouldn't connect the lines using COGO with bearings/ distance and line turned on in hot toggles.
It's not just in Batch Cogo that this happens though.
regards, Richard
Richard Sands

Return to MicroSurvey CAD