[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - preferred changes to 2008

preferred changes to 2008

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

preferred changes to 2008

Postby artb » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:35 am

I am suggesting 2 changes

1: I would dearly love to see the zoom extents command removed from depressing the scroll wheel and ,in deemed necessary to be accessed from the mouse, some other means of triggering the zoom extents command.

I find that you need a feather touch on the scroll wheel to prevent the wheel from bottoming out (this triggers the zoom extents) so I am constantly having my screen reverting to the entire screen when I am trying to scroll around the screen. ( Not a bug but hopefully a different way of accomplishing that task)

2: When choosing the command line option of entering traverse and sideshot info, (to the active editor) the screen is visible and theoretically are allowed to pan/scroll the screen to view different areas of the screen. (I.E. this can allow you to maybe center the screen on the hub that you are currently entering data from).

However on more than 50% of the times you try this (scrolling or panning the screen) your program loses its place in the process and you have to reenter the traverse routine to continue.

On other routines you may be allowed to scroll around indiscriminately while staying in the routine you are in so it is possible to utilize the scrolling without losing your place. Continually losing your place in the process and having to start over is very frustrating. (This does also happen when calculating from the Cogo command) (I consider this a bug as your program allows us to scroll or pan but doesn't handle the exercise properly if used)

A comment relating to crashes where autosaves are initiated. I reluctantly disabled the autosave as it seemed to be creating many, many crashes. This experiment proved my contention that this exercise was creating the crashes as my crashes have been dramatically reduced since the autosave was disabled. I certainly hope this problem will go away with the next version.

Art
artb
artb

ZOOM EXTENTS - SCROLL WHEEL

Postby Richard Sands » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:39 am

just curious as to what sort of a mouse you use? I use logitech lasers, and some of the settings can have an unusual effect in CAD.
regards, Richard
Richard Sands

mouse type

Postby artb » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:05 am

I am using a micrsoft laser - Richard
artb
artb

Return to MicroSurvey CAD