Online Questionnaire

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Online Questionnaire

Postby Jason Poitras » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:15 am

Hello,

We have an online questionnaire for MicroSurvey CAD 2008 posted in the news section of our Helpdesk. It shouldn't take more than a couple minutes of your time. If you are interested in participating click here.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

QUESTIONNAIRE

Postby Richard Sands » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:52 am

Jason have you any thoughts on making this a bit more public.
I've seen this on another forum, albeit a Beta testers only input, but there are often suggestions we make that are actually a part of the program already. It can have benefit to other users, from such input sometimes leading us out of ignorance of a routine into the better knowedge of the program. It can also encourage participation leading to an even better input from the users.
Not sure what any negative aspects would be, like any forum its open to abuse, but then you also have the ability to deal with that jsut as you do now.
Food for thought?
regards, Richard
Richard Sands

Postby hwchaffee » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:10 am

I would like to see a summary of the results of this questionnaire.
hwchaffee

Postby Jason Poitras » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:47 am

We posted a link to the questionnaire here in the forum, as well as in the news section of our Helpdesk. Plus all our support representatives are including a link to the survey in their email correspondence.

I'll think about making it public. The first thing that comes to mind is that any of our competitors would be able to view the results and 1) Know our weaknesses, and 2) know our strengths. This is very good competitive information that I don't think I would want to freely distribute it.

Again thank you to everyone who has participated thus far, we are getting a lot of valuable information from the survey.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Postby Richard Sands » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:14 am

I'll think about making it public. The first thing that comes to mind is that any of our competitors would be able to view the results
Yes agree here Jason, but then next comment brings in another dimension alltogether.
If the subscribers of support had access to these things then that could be an option. (I sort of get a bit thingy when one wants to look at a program and the first thing I look at is a Forum only to find its locked out or is so lacking in input it makes one wonder if there's any life in there.
Would any other competitor gain that much by reading from such things? If a program is behaving badly and you are highly interested in getting its bugs etc ironed out then issues arising shouldn't really be an issue as next week or so its not an issue if you get my drift.
Also I imagine any serious contender out there already knows your program and has a copy and probably follows these Forums and its comments - good and bad.
When you or others announce a new program its all over the web and a list of new/ improved features is out for all to see.
I guess when its your forum then there is a need for control that an open forum hosted by others probably don't have to contend with.
just my 2 bobs worth.
regards, Richard
Richard Sands

Return to MicroSurvey CAD