Iterating through the points database with Lisp...

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Iterating through the points database with Lisp...

Postby gskelly » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:41 pm

Hello,

I am new to MSCAD so I may well be missing something obvious... feel free to call me names :)

What I am looking at is the list of MSCAD specific Lisp functions for working with the point and line databases.

For points:

If I want to iterate over all points in the database I am thinking I can use a selection set of all CAD nodes and then use find_coordinate() to get the point name(s) using a small distance, ensuring I do not add duplicates as I go

OR

I could use a combination of get_descriptions() and find_coordinate_desc(), again removing duplicates.

For Lines:

Again I could use a selection set of all CAD lines together with get_line_data() with each to see if it is in the database (here I guess I would need to test to see if I get lines on frozen / locked layers)...

OR

Use my list of points from above and call find_line for each then create a unique list of them.

Is there a more straightforward method I have missed?

Regards,

Greg
gskelly

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:04 am

The only assistance I can give is to direct you to this link in our Helpdesk:
http://microsurvey.com/helpdesk/index.p ... ticleid=65

It contains information on our LISP coding available to assist you with our database interface.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby gskelly » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:40 pm

Ok Glen, thanks, Brian pointed me to that when I asked via the Helpdesk interface.

Perhaps there are other users with experience solving this and are willing to share a little insight with me :)

I was drawn by the slogan at the top... Customers helping Customers... I like it! I am new to Microsurvey product (and support) so I guess I am kind of feeling around to see what the user forum is like.

Is this another interface to the tech support staff?

Regards,

Greg Skelhorn
gskelly

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:36 pm

Generally, staff only post here if the information is already available via our helpdesk and people just don't know - or if a clarification is required on something. Otherwise, we do not normally answer technical support questions in this forum any longer. (we used to prior to the Helpdesk being setup a year ago January)

This area is essentially for customers to assist each other. All other technical assistance is done via our Helpdesk for customers with valid, current, technical support contracts.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD