possible bug.

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

possible bug.

Postby kevinnem » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:02 am

Can someone please confirm this. It is driving me nuts!

Do "ascii_in" to import a text file. - it will open up a menu to select the file (after asking for format).

Try to get out of this menu -with out selecting a file- (use "cancel/close/"X")- I can't .....

only way I have got it to work is to tell it to import a completely unrealted file (like a .jpg).

Am I missing something here?

Kev.
kevinnem

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:57 pm

Which version of the program are you running, and what patches do you have installed? I just tried it here and it seems to be working fine - but I do have some code here that no one else has as yet (testing fixes and new features). So it may be fixed in what I have or maybe in something newer than what you have (if you are not current). Which means that either the fix is available as a patch or will be shortly! (assuming you are current with the maintenance suport program to be able to run the patches.)
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby ianw2 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:57 am

Are you using MSCAD 2008 and are you importing an ascii text POINT file or ar you trying to import ascii text?

“ascii_in” brings up the ascii import window, but it is for ascii point files, not general text.

The “CANCEL” and “X” buttons work as required on my system running MSCAD 2008 8.01.01

To import a text file, I start the multi-line text function and do a copy and paste from Word. This works great for me as I am a notoriously bad speller. I can also organize my thoughts better and create the text notes I need in a more efficient fashion in Word. I just have to be careful with incompatible characters such as “ and º.

Ian
Ian Wilson
Ian Wilson Land Surveying, Inc.
Temecula CA 92591
(951) 684-1044
ianw2

Postby kevinnem » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:19 pm

I installed all the patches I could find, and it works fine now. I was under the mistaken impression that I was up to date, my applogies.

Kevin.
kevinnem

Return to MicroSurvey CAD