Layout/Model tab glitch?

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Gord

Layout/Model tab glitch?

Post by Gord » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:40 am

MSCAD 2008
Fairly regularly, Layout/Model tab 'bar' at the bottom of the drawing window disappears on me. Haven't quite figured out what causes it. Sometimes it disappears altogether, sometimes it looks like it's there but when I click on it, it's part of the drawing window and disappears.
It comes back when anything is done to change the size of the drawing window such as resizing the program or removing a tool bar that will allow the drawing window to enlarge.
Anyone else ever see this or do I have a 'special' program?
Cheers,
Gord

surveyor6925

Post by surveyor6925 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:43 am

I've had the problem. Go to the knowledge base in the support area for a complete answer. Basicly this is a known problem and you can use only the first two layout tabs safely.
Tim Riley

Gord

But...

Post by Gord » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:51 am

I only have two tabs. Model & Layout1.

Richard Sands

MISSING TABS

Post by Richard Sands » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:50 pm

What Tim said is correct - a known glitch. What you experience with only a Model and Layout Tab is what sometimes happens.
Type 'R' and sometimes that fixes it. Other times I have to close the job, even the program and then reopen, to clear this problem.
regards
Richard

Gord

Quick solution

Post by Gord » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:23 am

I don't know what causes it but I have found the quickest ways to bring the tabs back.
It seems that anything that resizes the drawing window will bring the tabs back. You could grab one of the tool bars from the left or right side of the window (or one from the top if there's only one on your bottom row), pull it out into the drawing window, drop it; then put it back. The sides work better because they're easier to 're-dock' if you don't have a bunch on the sides.
The quickest I've found is to simply hit the 'Restore Down' button which takes your window from full screen to part screen; then maximize the drawing. Minimizing doesn't correct the problem unless you're only minimizing the window for that specific drawing since the drawing window size never actually changed of you minimize the whole program, the whole program was simply minimized from 'your' view, not your computer's or Microsurvey's.
Cheers,
Gord

Max

Model Tab Glich

Post by Max » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:48 am

The only problem I've had is the program will not support more than three tabs that are stable. More than three tabs and the tabs become unstable, disappear and sometimes ghost on to other tabs. Rebooting dosen't help.
Max

John Lunn

Model Tab Glitch

Post by John Lunn » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:03 pm

I've had the same problem, to fix it I just turn the model and layout tabs off and back on. It's located under the view menu at the bottom.

Allsite

Re: Model Tab Glich

Post by Allsite » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:58 pm

Max wrote:The only problem I've had is the program will not support more than three tabs that are stable. More than three tabs and the tabs become unstable, disappear and sometimes ghost on to other tabs. Rebooting dosen't help.
Max
I am having this exact problem, I have about 11 tabs or layouts in the drawing & have lost 3 of them. Did see a couple ghosting onto others but I have now lost them also.
Does anyone know how to get them back??
I have tried John Lunn idea but it doesn't bring back the missing layouts.

Jeff

Gord

Re: Model Tab Glich

Post by Gord » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:28 am

Allsite wrote:
Max wrote:The only problem I've had is the program will not support more than three tabs that are stable. More than three tabs and the tabs become unstable, disappear and sometimes ghost on to other tabs. Rebooting dosen't help.
Max
I am having this exact problem, I have about 11 tabs or layouts in the drawing & have lost 3 of them. Did see a couple ghosting onto others but I have now lost them also.
Does anyone know how to get them back??
I have tried John Lunn idea but it doesn't bring back the missing layouts.

Jeff
Doesn't look too promising for you. Sounds like an issue that we'll have to buy a fix for in '09
Gord
Keatley Surveying Ltd.
Manitoulin Island
www.keatley.msdcorp.com