AutoMap Editing System

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

AutoMap Editing System

Postby T.M. Moretz » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:11 am

MSCAD 2008 V08.01.02 Under the heading "Line Work Layer Options", I have the option of "color".
If I leave this blank then the color will be whatever color is set in the ICAD Explorer-layers, but if I change this in AutoMap, this change should supercede the color set in Explorer. This does not happen for me. If this is not the way it works, then why is there a color option in AutoMap?
T.M. Moretz

Postby ianw2 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:19 pm

Tom:

If you remember from class, the options are there to create the target layer with the particular characteristics if the layer is not already in the drawing. The idea is that is a short cut to creating layes, setting the colors ans then populating the layers with the automap items.

Cheers, Tom!

Ian
Ian Wilson
Ian Wilson Land Surveying, Inc.
Temecula CA 92591
(951) 684-1044
ianw2

Postby T.M. Moretz » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:47 am

Hello Ian, good to hear from you. I hope things are well in CA.
I have the automap set so that a particular shape will invoke a particular layer when drawing MSCAD lines. Its great because the layer will change from point to point depending on the description of the point - no matter what layer the CAD layers are set to. I have a layer called "Boundary" in the Cad layer Explorer. It has been setup to have a continuous line type and cyan color. It is envoked whenever I have a description such as "pipe" or "stone" - typical property corners around here. In the Automap, if I change the linetype to "dashed" for these descriptions, the Automap will draw the line with a dashed line, even though The CAD layer is set to draw a continuous line type. If I can set the linetype in Automap to supercede the cad layer settings I would think that I could do the same with the color. This is all in an attempt to not create a new layer - it's getting crowded in there. Thanks for your time, Ted

P.S.
When do we get our course certificates?
T.M. Moretz

Return to MicroSurvey CAD