MSCAD 2008 curve problems

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

MSCAD 2008 curve problems

Postby T.M. Moretz » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:03 am

I do not seem to be able to label a curve in a CW direction. I use the COGO routine to draw the curve and enter those points in a CW direction and the curve is drawn correctly, but the curve table will show a CCW direction. A left click will invoke the CAD Curve Computations box and will show connecting numbers as if I entered in a CCW direction and is confirmed by showing a bearing in a CCW direction. Let's assume that these curves have a delta angle of 90 degrees. If I close MSCAD and then reopen the program and drawing and check the option "Audit database and drawing on load", the curves look fine, but if I left click a curve the delta angle is now 270 degrees and the arc length has also changed to match a CCW drawn curve. If I rescale the drawing (I just click OK without entering a new scale in this case) the curves are redrawn in a CCW direction and the original curves are gone. I would suggest that nobody does this in a drawing with which you are in a hurry. I reported this in the "We hate bugs" area of this website 2-3 weeks ago but got no response that the message was received and I hate to see this continue.
T.M. Moretz

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:47 am

Normally those bug reports come to me to check out, confirm, and document for the development team. I did not receive this report.

I will do my checking, etc. now and report on as appropriate.

Thank you for following up and ensuring we are aware of this issue, so we can fix it as soon as possible.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:10 am

FYI - I have reproduced the issue and have documented and reported it for the programmers.

The issue is the Audit that is being run, either on load "Audit database and drawing on load", or by manually typing in the command MSAUDIT.

Thank You,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

FYI

Postby T.M. Moretz » Sat May 03, 2008 1:48 pm

I have also noticed that if I change the description of one of the points at the end of the arc that the same "reversal" of the arc occurs.
T.M. Moretz

Return to MicroSurvey CAD