Issues with raster images and draworder

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Issues with raster images and draworder

Postby mjtaylor » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:31 pm

I have a recurring issue that I hope someone can help me with...attaching raster images to a drawing (e.g. scanned topo map in *.tif format)...no matter how much I try using Draworder to send the image to the Back, or Under something, or select everything else in the drawing and bring it to the Front, the image still sits over top of the drawing. It makes it very difficult to scale, rotate and shift the image to fit my drawing when i can't see the drawing underneath. I'm told that the next release of Intellicad will address this issue, but I hope someone has a quick fix in the meantime!
mjtaylor

Postby Gord » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:06 am

When you have the dialog box that comes up after picking the raster image, check 'Use transparency' and see if that helps enough along with draworder.
Just a thought, I don't use many raster images.
Gord
Gord

Raster draw order.

Postby Ed Gasbarre » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:41 am

I've encountered this before with MSCAD2005. In each case I had two of the same image (always orthophotos) loaded in my drawing.

I had to remove both and then load a single image.

Good Luck,
Ed
Ed Gasbarre

Thanks for the suggestions...

Postby mjtaylor » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:03 am

thanks, Ed and Gord...believe me, I've tried all of your suggestions, but to no avail! I've had intermittent success with inserting large images and then putting them behind the drawing...sometimes it works and other times it doesn't...seems to occur only on quite large files, so perhaps that's the key to the issue. Hopefully this gets resolved soon, as we seem to be working with larger and larger images these days.
mjtaylor

IMAGES

Postby Richard Sands » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:08 pm

In 2008 I have repeated issues with .tif images - only use large ones - 350mb +/-.
2005 will place them and they work fine, draw order no problem. Open same drawing in 2008 and the image wont load.
Try to load a fresh image in a fresh drawing in 2008 and the program crashes.
2008 drawings saved back to 2005 from 2008 and the images will insert and can be worked on in 2005.
Thats with latest SP's and in XP Pro = 512 mb graphics, 4g ram, 2.4 core2
I have found my laptop doesn't seem to misbehave so much - running Vista Business but I don't use it much so can't make a valued judgement of the virtues of Vista.
I guess its probably not easy to track down the issues. This has been repeatedly reported but so far no real solution is in sight.
regards
Richard
Richard Sands

Postby Max » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:16 am

We run MSCad 2005. I start a new drawing. Import the raster image. Copy from the previous file the the line work that I want. The line lies on top of the image and is visible.
Max
Max

Return to MicroSurvey CAD