3D Data Reduction

Discussion of STAR*NET related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

3D Data Reduction

Postby John Lunn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:51 am

Hello,

I am using a Leica 1202 to take some control observations. The data is observed in 3D then I use the Leica Starnet converter to create a dat file from the 1202. It brings through the DV lines on the backsight shots. Once in StarNet I use the inline .3r option to reduce the data to 2D. I have been having problems with my distances being out between 0.004 m to 0.007 m from the foresight distance to the backsight distance. When I manually reduce the shot I also get a different value which lands in between the reduced foresight distance and reverse distance. The vertical angle is 89-26-00 (approximatly), and the distance is about 280 metres.
John Lunn

Re: 3D Data Reduction

Postby Brian Sloman » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi John, please submit a technical support ticket at http://www.microsurvey.com/helpdesk and attach your relevant data and project files. Somebody will then be able to examine your data to see what is happening. We're still learning all the intricacies of STAR*NET ourselves, so I can't offer a general suggestion.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Re: 3D Data Reduction

Postby John Lunn » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:08 pm

I found the problem, in the 3d data file a few elevations came through as zero. The zero elevation overrode the average project elevation listed in the project options and was using it in the reduction to horizontal. Once I gave everything an average elevation it worked.
John Lunn

Return to STAR*NET