Coordinate System Editor

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Coordinate System Editor

Postby Scott Partridge » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:58 pm

I am looking to create a custom coordinate system using the editor but I am struggling somewhat with the process.

I have a number of points referenced to NAD83 UTM Zone 11 and I want to reproject them to a custom cartesian system that I want to archive and reuse on other projects in the area. The custom system will be based upon transverse mercator with the following parameters:

Point of origin (in decimal degrees):
55.6356792 N 114.70001432 W (or 6167932.085m Northing 644777461m Easting Nad83 UTM)
False Northing 0.000m False Easting 0.000m
Scale factor 1.000119

Any tips or ideas to guide me through the steps? The online help on the subject is a bit sparse.

Scott
Scott Partridge

Re: Coordinate System Editor

Postby raconsultnv » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:36 pm

I don't know if you found any help,but I do the very same thing in Excel spread sheet. If you don't have Excel there are others out there that are free - JAVA for one. If you need further help e-mail me and I can send you a short example of what I have done.
RA
raconsultnv

Re: Coordinate System Editor

Postby Scott Partridge » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:42 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. In this case, working with a custom coordinate system outside of Microsurvey is the easy part. I have many tools and methods for doing so.

Figuring out the steps to build one using the coordinate system editor inside Microsurvey with the sample parameters I provided has been somewhat elusive. I simply worked around the problem - I haven't tried it lately but I'd like to figure it out.

Scott
Scott Partridge

Return to MicroSurvey CAD