Entity snap question

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Entity snap question

Postby azstew » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:42 pm

I use hot keys to enable various snaps. ( alt-e= endpoint, alt-p= perpendicular, etc.)
I'm using the latest version of MSCAD.
With previous versions, using the hot keys was a one time use of the snap. Clicking snap menu, made snap persistent.
With the newest release, using the hot keys now make the snap persistent, which I don't want.

Is there a way to change the behavior, so the hot keys are one time only?
azstew

Re: Entity snap question

Postby raconsultnv » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:48 am

Try this, draw a simple line, then type L to draw another line starting at the mid-point of the first line. from the key-board type mid, " short for mid-point snap" the line will snap to mid-point of the line ...... one time deal, nod to snap to node, en for end point etc. --- I hope this helps. If I shift, right mouse click, my endty snaps are set to off.
RA
raconsultnv

Postby T.M. Moretz » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:06 am

I feel your pain. When you invoke a snap the command window will indicate what command is active. Let's take end point snap. Your's may say '_endpoint. If it does, the comma at the beginning is the problem. If the comma is removed to read _endpoint, then it will be a one time snap function only. This will need to be done to all snaps. This will be overridden by your running ESNAP settings. Right click on any icon and then select customize, then toolbars. I have commonly used snap icons on my screen so I select one of the snap icons and the box will bring up all information about that function with options to change each. In the command area remove the '. When this has been done to all of the snap icons. Choose close and you should be ready to one time snap all you want. This can be done by customize, keyboard also when creating keyboard shortcuts also, as you seem to be doing.
T.M. Moretz

Postby azstew » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:18 am

Looks like that worked.

Thanks

Stew
azstew

Return to MicroSurvey CAD