LandXML Surface Import

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

LandXML Surface Import

Postby Jeff Anderson1 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:27 am

I am using MSCAD 2008 SP 1.2

I am trying to import a LandXML surface created by Civil 3D 2012 saved down to 2007, (so they tell me).

I click Land XML Import, a dialoge box comes up asking for file name, I select the file, a dialog box comes up with LandXML info, Import and Cancel buttons but nothing in the box. If i click LandXML info, it brings up details of the file, Version, Project etc. If i click Import the box goes away, the comand line says finished importing the file. I go to Surface Operations , select the <.> surface select the Detailed Info button, the surface Information box comes up with no surface details.

Am I off track? Is this not supported by 2008 SP1.2? Is there something in the C3D files preventing this from working?

Jeff
Jeff Anderson, CST
LS Anderson Consulting Ltd.
Geomatic Solutions for Your World
Jeff Anderson1

Re: LandXML Surface Import

Postby Brian Sloman » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:51 am

Hi Jeff,
I believe you may need MSCAD 2009 v9.2.0 (or newer) to import/export LandXML surfaces, it is listed as a new feature in the MSCAD 2009 release notes.
MSCAD 2008 v8.1.2 did have a beta version of the LandXML import/export commands, but I don't recall specific issues.
You may want to download a newer version (MSCAD 2010 v10.7.0 is the most recent) to test it out, it can be downloaded from our helpdesk here:
http://www.microsurvey.com/helpdesk/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=336
If you still have problems then it may be due to specific content within the xml file, in which case it would probably be best to submit a technical support ticket for further assistance.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Re: LandXML Surface Import

Postby Jeff Anderson1 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:05 pm

Thanks Brian
Jeff Anderson, CST
LS Anderson Consulting Ltd.
Geomatic Solutions for Your World
Jeff Anderson1