I may have incorrect settings?

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

I may have incorrect settings?

Postby Dan Moehrke » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:15 pm

Is any else having an issue with the Generate Line Table function? It used to (I believe) create the table in the order that the lines were picked. The last several tables that I created were generated randomly or in reverse order to the lines picked. The data was correct but unless I can create a table in the order that I want, this function is useless to me. Or, do I have a setting improperly chosen?
I am running the latest version with updates installed.
Dan

PS: There are several other basic changes in the newest version that I regret. This may not be the proper place to articulate this but nevertheless here I go:
1. Slide Text is one more click than it used to be. Cumbersome and unnecessary.
2. MS Rotoline requires a right click to execute and is different then it used to be. And cannot be used with Multiline Text as before. Less functional than before?
3. I cannot repeat curve functions by right clicking. Must choose the icon each time. This has been a pain for several versions and I don't understand why it is so.
Dan Moehrke

Re: I may have incorrect settings?

Postby Brian Sloman » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:40 pm

Hi, You can set the SORTENTS variable to 96 for the desired behaviour. It's a per-drawing setting, so you'll want to make sure this is set in your template. Please see the following article in our helpdesk for details:
http://www.microsurvey.com/helpdesk/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=478

Three of our text editing functions were modified in the last update to allow selecting multiple text entities, instead of being limited to only one entity. Unfortunately this change had the unintended side-effect of removing the undocumented ability to use it with non-text entities including blocks and mtext - this is already on our todo list to both fix and document.

A small number of our commands are lisp functions, these lisp commands can't be repeated by a simple Enter or right-click.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Return to MicroSurvey CAD