Suggested additions to starnet

Discussion of STAR*NET related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Suggested additions to starnet

Postby cmor » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:55 pm

I'm new to this forum, so please let me know if this isn't the right place for this topic.

There are a few things I would ask that you consider for a future release.
(1) I LOVE the new point find command. Would it be possible to add the listing file info for the point selected under the measurement listings? My thinking is that it would be great to be able to see the residuals for all measurements to a particular point in one place. As it currently stands, I have to search through 3 different parts (angles, distances, and vertical angles) of the listing file for that data.

(2) Please add an option for writing out the coordinates of control points which were included in the .dat file, but that were not utilized in the adjustment. At times I use Starnet to add control into a project that already has numerous points. It would be great for me if the output coordinate file could include all of the points, not just the ones that were shot in the current adjustment.

(3) Please add an option for sorting the listing file by the stdres.

Thanks considering these requests
cmor

Re: Suggested additions to starnet

Postby cmor » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:27 am

This is a very minor one, but I can't use my right mouse button to cut and paste in to editor. I have to go to the Edit pulldown and then select Paste.

Having used the new version for a few jobs now, I am very impressed with the new interface. Keep up the good work.
cmor

Re: Suggested additions to starnet

Postby Brian Sloman » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi, please log any feature requests into our STAR*NET feedback forum at http://feedback.microsurvey.com

It's a user-driven system where you can submit feature requests, and vote or comment on other users' requests. This helps us prioritize incoming requests to ensure our development time is put towards enhancements that are in high demand.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Return to STAR*NET