Snap Shots

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Snap Shots

Postby Allsite » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:42 pm

I would like to place a snapshot of my stockpile drawings onto my volume reports.
When I run the help, it says that there is a Snap shot command that can create a jpeg or similar but frustratingly it does not show me where the command is hiding.
I know about the "Make Snapshot" command under the Cad Tools menu but its formats are not what I want.
So, What is the simplest & fastest way to create A snapshot & insert it into my Volume report, without having to create a drawing?

Note to MicroSurvey.
Can you please put the command locations or tool locations on all the help screens? It would save me and I am shore plenty of others, allot of time.
Allsite

Re: Snap Shots

Postby Richard Sands » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:32 pm

I just take a screen capture using (in my case) Snagit and paste that into reports.
Snagit gives a fair bit of control over capture and saving.

Not sure MSLIDE (making a slide, screen shot of dwg) is really the way to go in these applications as the emf and wmf files created are fairly coarse images.
I prefer the crisper screen capture.
Maybe there is a way to up the quality.
Richard Sands

Postby Brian Sloman » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:44 am

Hi, The Snap Shot command is an option within the Render command. Type RENDER or go to View|Rendering|Render, then in the 3D Viewer window go to File | Snap Shot. It will let you save in various formats and there are some options to force different inage sizes.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby Allsite » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:30 am

:D Thanks fellows.
Much appreciated.
Allsite

Return to MicroSurvey CAD