TrueType Fonts??

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

TrueType Fonts??

Postby Jennessy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Hello, I am using this new software to save my CAD files as PDF's in MicroSurvey and I have been told that the text should be recognized on the PDF as long as MicroSurvey uses TrueType fonts. What exactly does this mean and does MicroSurvey use them as the PDF's I have tried to make are not recognizing the text.

Thank you for your time
Jen
Jennessy

Re: TrueType Fonts??

Postby John Gallagher » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:43 am

Hi,
Truetype fonts are the ones that ship with windows.They can be found in the Windows folder on your drive.
Just copy them into the fonts folder in your Microsurvey folder and you should be set to go.
I've used Truetype fonts in my drawings many times with no problem.

If this doesn't work for you it would help if you could give us a bit more information,for example what version of MSCAD,what program are you using to save your drawing files to pdf?

Hope this helps
John Gallagher
John Gallagher

Postby Jennessy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:44 pm

I have tried adding all of the Windows fonts to the MicroSurvey font folder. However when I use these fonts and than export them to PDF, the PDF still does not recognize the text. I am using MicroSurvey 2010 and Bluebeam PDF Revu software.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks
Jen Hennessy
Jennessy

Postby jrlehti » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:52 am

Try getting a freeware called "CutePDF Writer". It is installed as a printer so take your drawing and print like usual but point to CutePDF Writer as the printer.
jrlehti

Postby John Gallagher » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Sorry it took so long to reply,but I was not familiar with Bluebeam software so I thought I'd better download the latest version.
I had no problems with the fonts when opening a pdf in Revu.I printed from MSCAD using the native export to pdf,using the print driver Bluebeam installed or my usual goto,Bullzip pdf printer.
I printer from both model space and paper space with no issues using the default settings in each case so I'm at a loss to offer any additional advice other than to use their support forums to see if any one else has had the same problem.

Sorry I couldn"t be of more help.
John Gallagher
John Gallagher

Postby Richard Sands » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:13 pm

I use Bluebeam Revu and 2010 and haven't any issues with printing to Blubeam.
I did with some native Mscad fonts, they looked like a spider had drawn the text.

Have you been in touch with Bluebeam? They offer exceptional support.

Is it that BB doesn't recognise the fonts when you open on your computer from which they are generated or when you send it on to another machine?
Richard Sands

Return to MicroSurvey CAD