MicroSurvey inCAD 2012

Discussion of MicroSurvey inCAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

MicroSurvey inCAD 2012

Postby Teresa » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:08 am

Hi,
Thanks for the notice about the inCAD update!
One question though: I am not yet able to import Field Genius coordinates using InCAD. This is the error message I get:
fg_import_coord Function disabled in 64 bit build
It isn't a huge big deal - I've gotten used to using my old Starnet program to extract coordinates from Field Genius projects in order that I can import (since getting a 64 bit operating system and finding that the previous version of InCAD wasn't completely 64bit operating system friendly) ...but it sure would be nice to be able to import coordinates from our Field Genius data collection without the extra steps of using third party software.

Teresa
Teresa

Re: MicroSurvey inCAD 2012

Postby Brian Sloman » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:01 pm

Hi Teresa,
There are a very small number of commands that are not available in the 64-bit version (both inCAD and embeddedCAD), but in the case of importing FieldGenius coordinates there are a couple other methods that will also work:
- The entire FieldGenius project can be imported using the _syncwizard (MsTraverse | SyncWizard Import) command.
- Coordinates can be exported from FieldGenius as an ASCII file and imported using the _ascii_in (MsPoints | Import ASCII Points or Lat/Long File) command.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby Teresa » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:03 am

So.... just to clear things up, I am not asking how to import coordinates into my up-to-date version of Microsurvey that I operate in a 64 bit environment.

Really, I guess, at the risk of being a pain in the neck, I am wondering when this particular cogo software (Microsurvey inCAD 2012) will be able to import data collector files (coordinates in my case) from its own Field Genius data collection? Happily, I am able to annotate linework, check on distance and orientation between points, cogo in points...that still works in the 64 bit build. :-)

Thanks,
Teresa
Teresa

Postby Brian Sloman » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:57 am

Hi Teresa, I can't commit to a date when this command will be re-written to be compatible with the 64-bit build, but until then there is another workaround I should mention - we recently released a free application called MicroSurvey Data Exchange that is essentially a very stripped down version of MSCAD, primarily for FieldGenius users who do not have MicroSurvey CAD/inCAD/embeddedCAD. it has no CAD drafing commands, no survey/cogo commands, etc, but it is a 32-bit program and as such the fg_import_coord command does work. If you'd like more information and a download link, please click here.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Return to MicroSurvey inCAD