adding drop down menus

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

adding drop down menus

Postby nvolny » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:21 am

Running MSCAD 2005. I upgraded my grahpics card and had to get a new key for MSCAD. Somewhere in that process many of my drop down menus disappeared. Lost MsCalc MsDesign etc... How do I get those back? Tried reimporting the .mnu file but still only have MStools and MSpoints as an option. Can still run the others off toolbars but have never been a picture clicker and been using the menus for 7 years. Not wanting to change. Thanks!
nvolny

Re: adding drop down menus

Postby Brian Sloman » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi, I recall MSCAD 2005 being really prone to corrupting the user profile which could cause weird menu problems - please click here for a helpdesk article that should help fix it up.
Or better yet, I'd consider upgrading to MSCAD 2010, or MSCAD 2012 which is around the corner.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby nvolny » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:59 pm

Thank you. I will check that out. As for upgrading as much as I'd love to we all know how the times are now for surveying. Income went from nice healthy six digits 5 years ago in a steady downward spiral to 22k last year. Much of my equiment is held together with silicon and electrical tape, the computer is 8 years old and the survey rig has bald tires. No belts showing yet though so all good right? Have one good year and MSCAD will be on top of the list to upgrade. It is a testament to the quality of the product that it has lasted this long. :)
nvolny

Postby nvolny » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Worked great. Was loathe to hit reset before because I was afraid I'd lose all my toolbar customization and the few menu items I had. They are all back now just need to plunk toolbars back in place. Many thanks.
nvolny

Return to MicroSurvey CAD