MS 2013 Leica DBX import

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

MS 2013 Leica DBX import

Postby trill » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:33 pm

MS 2013 now imports a Leica DBX file. When I use the import routine it coordinates the traverse before openning the traverse editor and allowing the user to view and edit the raw file. There are several advanatges to editing the raw data before coordinates are generated. Has anyone found a way to do this using Leica DBX files?
trill

Re: MS 2013 Leica DBX import

Postby Jason Poitras » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:18 am

Actually it isn't coordinating the traverse automatically. What it is doing is importing the coordinates from the DBX first, and then imports your measurements into the traverse file. If you want to recoordinate your traverse you have to do that manually form the Traverse Coordinate Editor.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Re: MS 2013 Leica DBX import

Postby trill » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:24 am

Before importing any raw data, I find it useful to confirm that the raw data corresonds to the field notes. For example, I can open a TDS raw file using a text editor and quickly see enough information to confirm whether the raw file has the correct date and field crew etc. Currently when I use Leica DBX files, I create a new MS drawing and import the DBX file to confirm that I have the correct data. Perhaps Microsurvey could provide the user with a DBX viewer to preview the data before importing the information into the drawing?
trill

Return to MicroSurvey CAD