flx file conversion

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

flx file conversion

Postby LLS691 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:29 am

I have a couple of old drawings done under MSCAD 2004 that won't convert to dwg format; I get a message that says 'access violation' in some cases or 'invalid file revsion' in others. I'd like to convert these to dwg format so I don't loose the ability to access old work in MSCAD 2013. Any ideas? Would be nice to have a built in conversion feature in the MSCAD 2013 in future revisions.
LLS691

Re: flx file conversion

Postby Brian Sloman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:33 am

Hi, The .FLX format is proprietary to FelixCAD so we cannot include a converter in our newer IntelliCAD- or AutoCAD-powered applications. If you no longer have MSCAD2004, then you could install another FelixCAD program like FelixCAD LT (free) or Ares (not free) to convert FLX files to DWG, both of these are available from www.graebert.com. I don't believe the free FelixCAD LT includes the batch conversion command for processing multiple files at once.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby LLS691 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:11 am

I have MSCAD 2004 installed on an old machine that I access when I need to convert to DWG. However, on some FLX drawings I get an error message (invalid file revision or access violation) as I mentioned and it won't allow me to convert to DWG. Any suggestions?
LLS691

Postby Eric Anderson » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:39 am

Have you tried the Batch Processing in 2004?

http://www.microsurvey.com/helpdesk2/in ... dwg-format
Eric Anderson
Senior Survey Technician
Olmsted County Public Works
Rochester, MN
Eric Anderson

Return to MicroSurvey CAD