MSCAD 2013 - few quirks: Disappearing points, and Undo crash

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

MSCAD 2013 - few quirks: Disappearing points, and Undo crash

Postby geoidwalker » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:31 am

2013 has a few quirks it would seem - although I'm enjoying all of the new features, I thought I'd mention a few issues.

If I hit CTRL-Z a few times(mapped to UNDO), and then hit escape, the program is no longer responsive. It still runs, its not exactly a crash. I kill it in Task Manger and a window pops up asking if I want to save - so I don't lose data, I just can't interact with the program anymore. I had a few oddities like this when I imported 2010 keyboard mappings, menus into 2013. I basically removed everything I imported and the problems went away - except the one I described.

Layers copy with $0$ - and I have to rename every single one that I copy between drawings.

Points in the database sometimes disappear randomly from the drawing. I can't narrow it down to a specific activity but it has occurred twice now. I found if I do "Update drawing from database" the points come back.

Also I'm wondering if anyone else is having any issues with the new 2013?
geoidwalker

Re: MSCAD 2013 - few quirks: Disappearing points, and Undo c

Postby saltitone » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:25 am

I have had similar issue. I think when it happened to me I had multiple drawings with similar names opened from the same project. That is my theory.
saltitone

Postby Eric Anderson » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:47 am

I had/found a few issues/questions/concerns/bugs about MSCAD2013 when it first came out and even started a thread, but my thread got removed because the powers that be felt it was too "negative." IMNSHO it would have been better to leave the thread in place (OR MicroSurvey could've started their own FEEDBACK thread) and as people found/discovered answers/fixes to issues/questions/concerns, it would be in a place where everyone could find it. Oh well.
Eric Anderson
Senior Survey Technician
Olmsted County Public Works
Rochester, MN
Eric Anderson

Postby rfinnie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:52 am

We're also having problems. On a computer running Windows 7 there seem to be fewer problems, but when run in XP, we get freezes and crashes too frequently.
rfinnie

Postby rjbreedlove » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:53 am

Interesting, I too have had odd crashes where the machine freezes and will not respond except to kill it in Task Manager. I am running XP and plan to switch to Windows 7 soon as I can afford a 64 bit machine. I am seeking more RAM and the 32 bit machines only allow 4 gig to be recognized.
Robert J Breedlove
Ga RLS 2228
Bravely surveying into the unknown future!
Learning new ideas, trends and seeking new horizons!
rjbreedlove

Postby geoidwalker » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Hmm - good to know I'm not the only one. FYI I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit with 6g of ram. Hope it sorts itself out in the SP.
geoidwalker

Return to MicroSurvey CAD