Text Width In Labeling Defaults

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Text Width In Labeling Defaults

Postby cathy » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:45 pm

Hi,
I was just wondering why when I choose a style for the Bearing and Distance labelling defaults, the width factor of the text is not applied. I remember having this problem when I set up MSCAD2002, but I'm not sure how I solved it. (ie when I label a line with Auto Bearing and Dist I want the width factor of the text to be 1.5) I created some new textstyles, set the width factor in the new style, and then specified to use the new style in the bearing and dist label defaults, but the width factor never changes. Any suggestions? Thanks.
cathy

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:25 am

The labeling defaults do not have a width option for the text. When we use the labeling defaults, they over-ride any width setting you may have applied via the normal CAD font settings. So the labeling routines to place the Bearing and/or Distance will not use any width settings.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Re: Text Width In Labeling Defaults

Postby geoff » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:43 am

I am using microsurvey 2013 - just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question.
how do i make brgs and dist default to certain text ht and text width?
I know where the settings are but they don't seem to work for some reason.
geoff

Re: Text Width In Labeling Defaults

Postby Brian Sloman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:13 pm

Hi,
The height is based on the Drawing Scale Factor (MsTools | MicroSurvey Job Defaults), and the Leroy Size specified in the Labeling Defaults dialog (MsAnnotate | Labeling Defaults | Bearings or Distances).
There is currently no option to draw Bearing/Distance labels with a default Width value. But you can assign a Width to the text entities after they are drawn, via the Properties command (Modify | Properties). There is a request for this going in the feedback forum, you may want to add some votes to it:
http://feedback.microsurvey.com/forums/59379-microsurvey-cad/suggestions/2222448-would-like-to-be-able-to-set-the-width-of-bearing-
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Return to MicroSurvey CAD