Problems after inserting raster image...

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Problems after inserting raster image...

Postby caddyman » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:32 am

After inserting a raster image (tiff file) into my drawing I noticed that the image had been brought in as a negative exposure. Is there a way of reversing this? I have looked in the properties menu after clicking on the image but there doesn't appear to be an option to change the exposure....any thoughts????

Btw, I didn't have an issue with any of the other 10 drawings I did using the same process be it color image or black and white...stumped!
caddyman

Re: Problems after inserting raster image...

Postby Brian Sloman » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:04 pm

There's no option that would cause this, so it sounds like perhaps a bug with that particular image. (Something with it's format, color depth, etc... that is different from the other images that do work properly.) Are you using MSCAD 2013, or some previous version? Email me a copy of your drawing and the image (if it's small enough to email) to [email protected] so I can test it and pass on a bug report to the IntelliCAD programmers if necessary. If the image is too big to email I can send you a dropbox link to use instead, just let me know.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby caddyman » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:47 pm

Thanks Brian. I'm using version 2013... I'm going to try a few more things and if I can't work it out I'll forward you the drawing and photo....ttys and thanks again!

Brett
caddyman

Postby caddyman » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi again Brian. So, here's what I have discovered...

When I insert a black and white image into a dwg the exposure is negative. When I open that dwg (with image attached) into AutoCad to geo reference using Export World File tab the image comes in as proper exposure. Therefore, something is missing in Microsurvey in terms of a plugin perhaps or some other bug which reverses the B/W exposure of the image when inserting....have you heard of any issues with this?? I'll send you the photo in question and you can try inserting into a 2013 dwg...

Brett
caddyman

Return to MicroSurvey CAD